How to Take Care of Laminate Surfaces?
Laminates are among the most widely used materials for home interior. Here are some tips to maintain the laminate surfaces so that you can keep them beautiful and make the last longer.
These days, laminate surfaces are among the most preferred when it comes to furniture and wall panelling for your living room, bedroom, kitchen or bathroom. Available in a number of colours and finishes, laminates are durable, inexpensive, more resistant to heat and stains when compared to other expensive materials. However, laminate sheets are prone to wear and tear due to constant use. Here are some tips to maintains them.
· Laminate sheets get scratched by sharp objects. So try not to use any sharp objects or abrasive materials such as steel scrubbers to clean them.
· Laminate surfaces tend to fade with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Hence, keep laminated furniture away from direct sunlight to prevent discoloration.
· Protect the furniture from excess water while cleaning as moisture and dampness can cause warping.
Regular dusting with a soft cloth is the best way to keep the laminated furniture clean. Don't use a wet cloth as it will warp the laminate.
· Greasy fingerprints can be removed with a damp cloth but dry the area soon after.
· Avoid wax, varnish or polish for laminate furniture.
· If you use a mild cleaning solution, spray it on your cleaning mop and clean with the damp pad.
· Never allow water or any solution to sit for long as the laminate may begin to peel.
· Use coasters and mats to protect furniture from stains, spills and heat.
Regular cleaning of kitchen laminate can keep the kitchen clean and hygienic.
· Use a solution of warm water and dish wash soap to clean greasy spots.
· Dirt and bacteria accumulate directly on laminate sheets accompanied by the oily fumes in the kitchen. Clean it with a warm soapy solution with proper rinsing and cleaning.