followers view all
following view all
|paulwright032 is not in any groups|
United States Green Card Application – Focus On Details Necessary
Getting a US Green Card is no small task but people from all parts of the world apply for it. Once one possesses this card he or she can stay in the United States without fear of being deported under normal circumstances. Not only can this person live and work in the United States absolutely legally but he or she will also be eligible to apply for US citizenship after 5 years have passed. It is not easy to get this important document, especially if the person is not aware of the intricacies of the application process as laid out by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) which is part of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Green card applications are most often, though other options also exist, made on the basis of
- Having a US citizen as family member
- Job in the US
- Asylum or refugee status
The application forms have to be completed with a great deal of care in order to ensure that they are absolutely correct or else they will certainly be rejected. The following points should be kept in mind:
- An applicant has to complete the forms and file the application with USCIS well in advance of the expiry of the existing permit that allows the applicant to live and work in the United States. If the visa gets expired then the person will have to leave the United States without delay.
- If the applicant changes address while the green card application process is underway then USCIS should be informed about the new address.
- The form should be filled absolutely accurately or else it will certainly be rejected. There is no scope for ambiguity in this application process.
- The applicant is required to keep track of the status of the application
- The USCIS appointment, should one be lucky enough to get it, ought to be given higher priority over all other activities. In fact, it is best for the applicant to plan carefully in order to ensure that he or she can go for the meeting at the appointed time.
People who have successfully made it through the immigration process say that they took help from immigration lawyers to ensure that their application went through smoothly. Entrusting their Green Card papers to experienced lawyers gave them reassurance that the paperwork would be done correctly and on time. Even so, lawyers are at pains to explain to potential Green Card seekers that they will be deported without explanation in case their actions constitute a security risk for the United States. Further, it is very important that potential Green Card holders have to be fully aware of and in agreement with the rights and responsibilities of US citizens.
|share||like 6||report||157 views|