followers view all
following view all
|TopStarLeads is not in any groups|
11 days ago
Top 2 Social Media Sites Account for 80% SHARE Activity On The Net!
FaceBook and Stumbleupon Account for 80% "Share" Activity Among Social Networking Sites!
Did you now that Social Bookmarks can bring loads of new visitors to your sites? Yes they can and to find out how, read below but first here are some statistics you need to know about social sites:
Top 15 Most Popular Social Bookmarking Websites | March 2011 Source: eBiz/MBA
Social Bookmarking and Tagging have become a very popular way of sharing quality information online, with other interested parties. The top Social Bookmarking and Tagging sites are as follows:
TWITTER 89,800,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
DIGG 27,500,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
YAHOO BUZZ 16,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
REDDIT 15,500,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
StumbleUpon 15,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
Delicious 5,500,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
Tweetmeme 5,450,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
Social Bookmarking has great value in building website popularity and if used properly, can create unlimited TARGETED Traffic for you in the following ways:
As of January 2011, StumbleUpon and Facebook together account for 80% of the "Sharing" social media traffic on the web. according to Stat Counter Global Stats . Social Bookmarking is definitely HOT in the sharing or "Add This" arena and is not to be ignored!!! Why so? How does all this help you? What's it mean? Take a look at some pointers below:
1) Sharing (Add This) : The inner activity is just as important as the traffic a website gets. If visitors come and do nothing to exchange information and do very little following, the growth of the site diminishes. Sharing is important as it creates a viral effect, allowing ones information to be shared with others by their followers and thus ripple across the web.
2) SMO (Social Media Optimization): Enhances the placement of websites on social media sites. The following features: RSS feeds, "Share Tag/This Page", and third party features for "Flickr" and "YouTube" videos, encourages visitors to tag them.
Most social tagging websites allow the members to share their favorite websites with others, thus provide avenues through which members can both comment on the site and FOLLOW the member who posted the information. In this way, one can accumulate FOLLOWERS on the preferred Social Bookmarking sites and that translate into backlinks to their websites. These backlinks are invaluable in attracting search engine robots and getting high placed in the higher ranks on the search engine pages.
Example: You write an article and post it here in your IMfaceplate article area. You then go to Diggs.com and submit that link (directly to your article site) under the fitting category. The link to your article is then posted on Diggs.com for other members who are interested in that category to find, make posts and possibly follow. The more posts they make about your article, the more followers you have on Diggs.com, the higher the ranking. Just like with search engines, the higher the ranking, the further up your site will be listed on the pages of that category. So it goes like this:
IMfaceplate Article > Listed on Diggs.com > Readers Click on IMfaceplate link > Joins IMFaceplate or simply reads article on site and returns to Diggs.com
3) Search Engine Optimization: Social Media is a ciritcal aspect of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) development. ===> Clicks from Stumbleupon to IMfaceplate and vice versa establishes link popularity. <===
If you have a website and you want to get free traffic from the search engines, there is no better place than "Stumbleupon", "FaceBook" "Digg" and "Twitter". If one uses these social media sites strategically, they can have a TON of QUALITY Traffic visiting their site. They key here is content though. "Stumbleupon" works on good content via articles and web pages. The member of "Stumbleupon" vote on your site and if you are rated highly, you could receive MILLIONS of website visitors!!!. You'll also be saved in favorites and people will share your site with others. Viral effects in "Stumbleupon" are pretty easy to accomplish if you have a great website. They key to success with Social Bookmarking Sites is:
1) Fresh content. Write good content to continually keep followers interested and watch how quickly your site will rise in ranking.
2) Follow others, creating some sort of exchange there. If you follow people, they will follow you too. Send them messages and get to know them. You'd be surprised at how effective this can be in building your business.
3) Gain popularity. Brand yourself: Make comments on other site listings, view and vote for favorites, share sites with others. It's a lot of fun and you will learn a lot in the process. I found my followers numbers tripled as I became more active. Also my websites were being viewed too! It works!
My suggestion is that you layer your marketing efforts. Use FaceBook and Stumbleupon in the "Sharing" method to bring more views and activity to and on your website. An example would be the following:
Write an article here on your IM Faceplate site. Then post the link to the page of your article here on "Stumbleupon" and let it rip among the crowd. If it's good, Your Followers will pick it up and run with it. Make sure you put some nice pictures on it i.e. use Flickr or YouTube video that you set up. The more effort you put into it, the more votes you'll get and the more your site will be shared with others. There have been many successful stories from doing this simple action. Then on your website, place your Facebook badges or "like" button on the site so people can holler about your site on their Facebook! In this way you are now establishing backlinks for your site. Also place your "Stumbleupon" badge at the bottom of the page, along with your Twitter and Digg badges too, so people can go to those sites, follow you and view your other sites via links you have submitted. Do you get the idea! This is what the search engines like. Good Content and Real Visitors who read the content and backlinks to your site!!! This translates into higher rankings. It's not hard to do.
Okay, so go sign up on Stumbleupon and Digg and experiment with some of the others! Have fun while you learn gain mass exposure at the same time!
|share||like 37||report||516 views|