Site intercept is a technique which tracks the website by finding the users who have visited and it also seeks to find out whether they have accomplished the task successfully or not. It not only reveals details about the tasks and accomplishments of a user, but also about their navigation path in a website which will help a lot in finding the interested features and pages in a website. This site intercept concept allows presenting a survey to the customers of a website by asking questions relevant to what they accomplished in the website, rather than asking a lengthy feedback about the website.
For example, if a person visits a website just to gather information about a particular product, then the survey will help determing how satisfactory the person was with the information provided by the website, rather than the questions relevant to purchases.
Steps in site intercept surveys
• The research objective, the website to be evaluated and the timeline for the survey have to be worked out first.
• The technical resources for the survey have to be checked.
• A strategy for the survey must be developed by a survey team and the questions to rise must be developed based on the behavior of the customer.
• The research plan or strategy must be approved by the higher authorities, including the website owner(s)
• Then the research plan can be deployed and the survey team will collect the responses from the users
• Once, after the targeted response number is achieved, the evaluation of the responses must be started.
• In the meantime, it is very important to produce the updated information about the survey and the developments in it.
Developments based on results
The results of the survey will be provided to the website owner(s) and the other higher officials who will engage in the process of developing the website backlogs.
The evaluated results will give detailed information about all the aspects liked and disliked by the customers and about their navigation in the website with an account of task accomplishment data. Now it is the job of the website developer to improvise the disliked parts of the website and to make the liked pages and features more attractive.
The site intercept survey is a proven efficient method of user experience measurement. It can be availed from several service usability testing tools and consultation service providers in the market to make a website more user-friendly.
About The Author:
The article has been written by Ben Bishop, the Marketing Manager at Usability Sciences. Usability Sciences offers various Usability Testing services like – Website Usability Testing, Mobile Usability Testing, Website Design, Testing, Remote Usability Testing, and Rapid Iterative Testing. They also offer Eye tracking, Web Usability, Card Sorting and Intercept Survey services to improve your web experience. Besides these they also take a keen interest in various online research and competitive usability research study and analysis.