How to Find a Web Designer
Finding a good web designer in Fort Lauderdale can be a challenging task.
Professional web designers that have created popular websites can charge you thousands of dollars for a few simple pages. On the other hand, designers that work at low rates might make you a website that probably won't meet your requirements, remember you get what you pay for.
There are a few steps you can follow to ensure a web designer is suitable for the needs of your website.
- Check their portfolio website. You should like the site itself as it represents their professional abilities. If a designer cannot produce a quality website for themselves, how will they represent your vision and brand.
- In the portfolio of the designer, check the websites they have created for other clients. Each designer has their own style. Whether it will match your needs can be seen from previous projects.
- Review the websites the designer has created with different browsers. A good designer will make a website look equally good on different browsers. This is very important as people use many different browsers.
- Check how the sites of your designer rank in Google and the other search engines. SEO is a must-do and cannot be overlooked. A good designer should produce pages with clear structure that are easy for the search engines to crawl.
- Avoid using designers that produces Flash-only websites. Flash heavy sites do not rank high in the search engines which will affect the branding of your pages.
- Ask the designer about the intellectual property ownership of the website. The ownership should be yours and you should not pay the original designer additionally if you want to make changes in your pages.
- Check whether your designer uses a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) program to create websites or makes templates for CMS (Content Management Systems) applications. If you want a simple website with several pages that describe your company, CMS would not be the right option. If you want a dynamic website that will have its information updated regularly, you should choose a designer that works with a CMS.
Check forums and web design websites for more information about a certain designer or a design company.