Even if you plan on outsourcing your search engine optimization (SEO) campaign to a professional web marketing company, you need to know some basic SEO concepts that make your site visible to people who might be searching for your products and services. Being familiar with these essentials will let you understand what you can expect from a web marketer, and ultimately help you pick the right internet marketing company to work with.
1. SEO is indispensable
Sure advertising, paid search and social media can give you traffic, but only SEO can give you long-term visibility. Building great content, optimizing for relevant keywords, link building, and on/off-page optimization is key to getting free traffic search engine giants like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
2. SEO is about being relevant
The goal of search engines is to refer users to websites that are most relevant to what they are searching for. This relevancy is determined by several factors:
• Content— This refers to the text on your page, plus the titles and descriptions.
• Performance— How fast does your website load? Do all links work properly?
• Authority— Do other authoritative websites link to your website because you have great content?
• User Experience— Is your site easy to navigate? Does it load properly on mobile devices? Do you keep the data you collect from your visitors safe?
3. You should not use ‘black hat’ SEO techniques.
Search engines especially Google will ban your site if you try to perform underhanded SEO hacks. Don’t try to trick them, or you will hurt yourself in the long run. Make sure your web marketer or SEO specialist does not engage in black hat techniques such as:
• Keyword Stuffing – This refers to overusing keywords on your content pages in an attempt to lure in search engine spiders.
• Purchasing Links – You want authority sites to naturally link to you, without you paying for the favor. Google is known to punish websites that buy inbound links.
• Doorway or Gateway Pages – These ‘fake’ pages are designed solely from search engines, not the end user. They are stuffed with highly optimized content for 1 to 2 keywords, and link to a target or landing page.
SEO companies that don’t know what they’re talking about may recommend some or all the black hat techniques mentioned. Don’t hire them.
To ensure the success of your SEO campaign, work with a digital marketing company that has proven track record in designing and implementing SEO strategies. You want a team that will take time to plan a winning strategy that is tailored to your specific needs. The SEO firm should provide content and competitor analysis, keyword research, link building, on- and off-page optimization, and social bookmarking services, at the very least.
About the Company:
Digitall has its headquarters in Dubai and operating in KSA and Lebanon. It is one of the one shop destinations for creating digital solutions recognized for their unique style, creative approach, efficiency, and high-quality. Digitall is one of the leading Digital Marketing Agencies UAE, who specializes in 360 degree digital solutions that cover pillars of your digital occurrence