followers view all
following view all
|benjihost is not in any groups|
|1. Providing reliable Hosting...serving others in their online business ventures.
2. Achieving Goals and Coaching others to achieve their goals.
3. Running - Nike+ Challenges
4. Family Time
5. The Bible
Apply New Theme to WordPress
Let me show you how easy it is to change or apply a new theme to your WordPress blog installation. So, let's get started.
You May also View this Tutorial on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAvibbqfeo
Step by Step:
1. The first thing you want to do is to find a new theme that you want to apply.
2. Go to WordPress.org. (WordPress.org has tons of free themes that you can download and apply to your installation.)
3. To find these themes at WordPress.org, select EXTEND and then SELECT THEMES. You will then see a list of themes that are available.
4. Download the theme that you have selected.
5. Once you've downloaded the theme to your computer, you want to then upload it to your web hosting control panel or web hosting account. (If you host with BenjiHost.com, you can simply go to your hosting control panel by going to: www.YourWebAddress.com/cpanel)
6. Once you've logged into your hosting control panel, scroll down and click on FILE MANAGER; then, we select WEB ROOT (public_html), select GO.
7. Now, you want to find where your blog installation is located. You need to find the BLOG folder (or the folder where you installed your blog) in your public_html directory. Select the folder where the blog is installed, then click on WP-CONTENT, then select THEMES.
8. Now you need to upload the theme file that you just downloaded from WordPress.org. Click on UPLOAD, select CHOOSE FILE, then select the theme that you have downloaded.
9. After it has uploaded, close the window and go back and select THEMES again to refresh it. There you will see the theme that you've uploaded. Click on that.
10. What you need to do now is extract the contents of the zip file. Select EXTRACT then EXTRACT FILES.
11. Now, what you need to do is log into your WordPress administrative section and apply this new theme.
12. Once you've logged into the WordPress administrative section, go to APPERANCE then click on ACTIVATE.
13. Go to your website and test it.
Hope this helps!
View Tutorial on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAvibbqfeo
Video Info: Easily apply a new theme or skin to your WordPress blog installation. Change your WordPress theme within a few minutes.
|share||like 38||report||377 views|