followers view all
|PriyankPanchal is not in any groups|
5 Must know Things before Going for Software Development
Software is becoming an increasingly valuable tool for administration, research, learning, teaching, business management, and other everyday tasks. While off-the-shelf programs are widely available for many different tasks, creating a custom tool that addresses all your requirements, especially for business, has its benefits over purchasing generic, commercial software programs. Here are some things you should understand when hiring custom software development Company:
• Software sustainability – Software development takes up a great deal of resources—time, money, skills, etc. However, all output from each stage of the development process, ranging from design documents to code and other binaries become valuable assets, especially when the software is used and sustained for longer. Few users think beyond a program's immediate use. This can be a huge waste of potential, especially with the many things that can be done with the byproducts of the entire development process. From the beginning of the process, what must be done with these assets must be planned out to make the most out of your investment.
• Right planning – Pre-development planning is crucial as this is the perfect time to reflect upon the project's sustainability and its preservation requirements. Considering all the potential requirements of the software development project, from in-house talent or outsourced help to other resources will help start you on the right foot. A planned set of tasks and activities to sustain the development process will also keep the project on track so you can avoid abandoning the software in the middle of development.
• Establishing expectations – The software development project you need to create should also be established right from the start of planning to make sure that all functional requirements are included. Whether you need an operational service, or any other software program, establishing what goals you want to achieve with the system to be developed is crucial to understand the direction that the project needs to take.
• Preservation – More than considering sustainability requirements, you must also understand how to consider requirements for preservation so you can have detailed guidance as to generating publishable research so others can improve on or reproduce results, reuse code from external sources, revert back to old versions, or audit functions/data.
• Hiring help – The practicality factor is another important thing to consider, especially when in-house resources, particularly in terms of skilled talent are scarce. To outsource help from professional software developers will help you accomplish the task faster, without wasting away important resources.
About the Author
This article is written by Priyank Panchal who is head of development at Schnell Solutions Limited. He leads several teams of multi-skilled software developers which work with Schnell's customer around the globe on their IT transformation and modernization initiatives including bespoke software applications. He is also responsible for various services offered by Schnell viz. Bespoke Software Development and Consulting, Web and Mobile App Development, IT Audit and Ebase Xi. Prior to working with Schnell, Priyank has worked for a large multi-national organization which specializes in Integration and Automation, and responsible for creating and delivering innovative web and service transformation projects across the globe.