followers view all
|PriyankPanchal is not in any groups|
10 Steps to Custom Web Application
Different web developers use different approaches for custom web application development. The following is the most basic process many developers follow when creating and designing custom web applications for specific clients:
• Defining the purpose, goals, and direction of the web application – The single most important task during the initial phase of a web development process is putting together the main goals and purpose of the web application project. This establishes the direction that the entire process will take and sets the way towards the main goal/end product.
• Specifying plans and objectives alongside their approximate timelines – This part of the planning process is crucial as it ensures timely delivery of the product.
• Defining audience scope – This requires researching the needs and preferences of the target audience or users, whether they be stakeholders, employees, prospective clients, or any other target user. This involves defining the audience in terms of usability, level of access, security scope, etc.
• Creating functional specifications – Functional specifications, otherwise known as the feature summary document is one of the most important pieces of documents in a web application project. It lists all functionalities and tech specifications that the application needs to include and accomplish.
• Identifying, evaluating, and selecting third party vendors – Whenever required, selecting third party vendors is also a crucial step towards custom web application development, especially when creating a merchant account/payment gateway or e-commerce components.
• Selecting technologies and web application structure and determining technical specifications – The product of this step becomes the blueprint for platform and technology selection that points toward development environment, structure, and framework.
• Determining licensure requirements, versions, forecasts and identifying completion dates for features and/or modules
• Creating the application visual guide, interface design, wire frame, and design layout – A successful web application is one that puts together a convenient means of creating user interactions. To achieve this, application interface and interaction models along with visual guides or sketched-out interaction scenarios must be created.
• Developing the web application – Actual development involves a series of steps, ranging from the creation of a web application architecture/framework, to database structure designing, customization and development of the web application module, class, and library, and development and implementation of functionalities.
• Beta testing – Lastly, the developed application must go through a series of testing and bug-fixing before deployment, ensuring the quality of all aspects of the application.
About the Author
This article is written by Priyank Panchal who is head of development at Schnell Solutions Limited. He leads several teams of multi-skilled software developers which work with Schnell's customer around the globe on their IT transformation and modernization initiatives including bespoke software applications. He is also responsible for various services offered by Schnell viz. Bespoke Software Development and Consulting, Web and Mobile App Development, IT Audit and Ebase Xi. Prior to working with Schnell, Priyank has worked for a large multi-national organization which specializes in Integration and Automation, and responsible for creating and delivering innovative web and service transformation projects across the globe.
|share||like 2||report||36 views|