Tips to Follow While Renting a Car
When you rent a car on vacation, you want to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Car rental services vary widely in quality and price, so doing some research before choosing a car rental company is always a good idea. Here are some tips for choosing the right car rental:
• Reading the terms and conditions of car rental agreements may seem like a pretty obvious thing to do, but many people don’t actually take the time to do it. Sometimes they are then surprised by hidden costs and surprise charges. The best way to avoid this is to carefully understand the agreement or car rental agreement. That way, you will never have to pay more than what you expect.
• If you have your own car insurance, check to see what kind of coverage it offers when renting a car. You may be fully covered, meaning you won’t have to pay expensive insurance charges when it comes time to rent a car.
• Your credit card may also offer insurance for car rentals. Most American Express cards offer full insurance protection when you rent a car – pay with your Amex and avoid the car rental company’s expensive insurance.
• Book the smallest car that can accommodate your needs. There’s no need to spend more on a larger car when a smaller model will do. Try to book early – that way you’ll have the greatest choice of available vehicles.
• Check if your contract charges a day rate or mileage-based rate. If you plan to do a lot of driving on vacation, a mileage-based rate may quickly add up to a very expensive car rental.
• Always check the fuel tank on the vehicle you rent. Ask the representative of the car rental company to write down the fuel level on your contract. Then make sure you return the car with the same amount of fuel – you’ll save on over-inflated refueling charges.
About The Author:
Ioannis Kastrinakis is client representative at Cretarent.gr, a renowned car rental Crete company with 40 years of experience of providing rent a car in Heraklion, Chania, Rethymnon and hiring cars in Heraklion and Chania airports. If you are looking to hire a car in Crete then you can visit their website.
|share||like 3||report||42 views|