Things to Do in Walhalla South Carolina
Walhalla, the mountain city in Oconee County in the US state of South Carolina, is a beautiful tourist destination. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the city is known for its quaint German charm. Largely inhabited by German immigrants, it is also a home for English, Scots, Asians, Afro-Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Walhalla makes an ideal destination for a fun-filled vacation with family and friends. There are a lot of things to do in Walhalla. In fact, it offers a complete entertainment package for people of all ages and interests. No matter whether you're interested in scenic beauty, history and heritage, health and fitness and food, Walhalla makes an ideal choice for a break from routine.
Things to Do in Walhalla
- Sweet Retreat: Combining sweet delicacies with sports, Sweet Retreat is a family owned place where you can play golf and satisfy your sweet tooth. Yes, if you're a lover of ice-creams and frozen delights with a sportsman spirit, this is the place you must visit. Located on Halfway Branch Road, Walhalla, it's a short drive from the city.
- Oconee County Veterans Museum: Interested in military history? Well, Oconee County Veteran Museum holds a treasure. It displays a variety of military artifacts from the first and second world wars and the Civil war. It engages children and adults alike. Located on Short Street, Walhalla, it's close to city center
- Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel: Interested in some adventure? Walk through the 1600 feet long Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel along with your children. It was an abandoned tunnel, which is now open for visitors. It's an unfulfilled attempt to connect Cincinnati and Charleston. It's an historic site, located just 4 miles from the city center.
- Wildwater Rafting: If you're an outdoor adventurist, Wildwater Rafting provides you a heart pounding experience. Choose any of the available tours – half day, full day or overnight trips to enjoy the thrill of the lifetime. Rafting alone may not be a safe way; rather, it's ideal to hire experienced guides to help you with rafting. Located on the Academy Road, Long Creek, it's around 10 miles from Walhalla.
- South Carolina Botanical Gardens: Located on Discovery Lane, Clemson, South Carolina Botanical Gardens feature 295 acres of landscapes. It's an ideal place to spend a fun-filled day with the family in the lap of nature. The vast expanse and natural beauty offer a complete disconnect from the rest of the world. It's 13 miles from Walhalla.
- Issaqueena Falls: Close to city center, Issaqueena Falls is a waterfall destination, providing an impressive scenic view. It can be reaches via a gentle trail.
Walhalla is home to many quaint cafes and German-style restaurants. If you're a foodie, it offers excellent cuisines to satisfy your taste buds. So, when are to traveling to Walhalla? Share your experience with us.
|share||like 7||report||97 views|