How to Get a Ready-To-Go Car Rental Service in Crete
The island of Crete is replete with mountains, gorges, valleys, rivers, lakes, beaches and ancient ruins. Greece’s largest island has something for tourists of all kinds—natural beauty, ancient history, sandy beaches, unique cuisine, religious monuments, water sports, art, and more. With so much to see and do, it is logical to rent a car and see the sights at your own pace. You can easily rent a car in advance and have it waiting for you at Heraklion airport or pick up a car from one of the many kiosks. Having a personal rental car can be an easy way to get around while giving you the freedom to pick your own schedule and destinations.
Here are a few tips on how you can get a ready-to-go car rental service in Crete.
• The driving age in Greece is 21. Car rental agencies may charge extra for people under the age of 25 and may not rent to seniors over 70. Seatbelts are required by law and all children under 4 must have their special child seat. Many car rental services offer free infant and toddler seats. Ensure that you have proper documents and ID for a smooth transaction. Traffic violations in Greece are expensive, so follow traffic rules and park in designated areas only.
• Decide ahead of time what kind of car you would like to rent. A small car would suffice for one or two people without much luggage, but if you are planning to go off-road, consider renting an off-roader. For large families, a van or an RV might make the most sense. Look for options like automatic or manual transmission based on your preference
• Plan out your journey in advance. Some rental services may have limits on distances or areas you can travel to.
• Renting a car from a company based in a town that is different from your arrival or departure location may cost you extra.
• Travelling with friends or family often means that there will be more than one driver. While there is no extra charge for this, you must notify the car rental company about the same.
• Pets are allowed, but be responsible pet owners and ensure that the do not damage the interiors or leave any stains or fur inside the car.
• The best place to pick up your car is the airport or the port at which you arrive. Almost every car rental company offers free pickup and returns at the airport and you get the convenience of being able to drive in your own vehicle immediately upon arrival.
• It is best to book your car in advance using a rental company’s website. You can easily browse through the cars in their fleet and pick the one you like. Booking on arrival is possible, but your options may be limited.
A large number of car rental services in Crete offer online booking options. Many online car rental services allow you to pick and choose your desired model along with any additional requirements. A seamless and easy rental can let you start your journey in the right spirits and enjoy your time in Crete.
About The Author:
Ioannis Kastrinakis is client representative at Cretarent.gr, a renowned car rental Crete company with 40 years of experience of providing rent a car in Heraklion, Chania, Rethymnon and hiring cars in Heraklion and Chania airports. If you are looking to hire a car in Crete then you can visit http://www.cretarent.gr/ car rental services in Crete.
|share||like 1||report||56 views|