Explore Monte Vista Attractions This Summer!
Imagine exploring the scenic San Luis Valley during the day and watching your favorite flick in evening on a big screen from the comfort of your bed or vehicle! Won't it be an out-of-this-world experience? You won't get to do this anywhere else other than in Monte Vista.
If you're ready for this exceptional experience, pack your bags and drive to the beautiful city of Monte Vista. Wait a second; don't forget to take this list of Monte Vista attractions along with you.
Monte Vista Attractions
- If you're reaching Monte Vista on a Friday evening, drive straight to the Movie Manor. This drive-in theatre allows you to watch your favorite movie from your own vehicle on a big screen. The sound box will be plugged in the radio jack of your car. Simply set the channel and enjoy your movie. Ask for a supply of popcorns, cold drinks and snacks to make your experience more pleasant. Want to watch it from the comfort of your bed? Book a room in the motel on the same property.
- Next morning, just drive 6 miles south of Monte Vista to National Wildlife Refuge. This 14,084-acre wildlife refuge dwells a variety of animals and birds. It hosts herons, geese, mallards and famous sandhill cranes. Sandhill cranes are migratory birds that make this refuge their home for few months before moving on to their next harbor. In fact, it also hosts the famous sandhill cranes festival to watch the flight of birds.
- Interested in other outdoor adventures, such as hiking, camping or snowmobiling? Drive to Rio Grande National Forest in San Luis Valley. This place truly has something for everyone. It offers a variety of activities, terrains, trails, hikes as well as scenic train tours and drives on local trails. Whether kids or seniors are accompanying you, this has activities for the entire family.
- It's not always necessary to get out of the city to explore tourist attractions. In fact, Monte Vista has lot to offer within the city walls. Take a tour on feet to Monte Vista Downtown and explore its culture and heritage. Stop for local cuisine, arts and crafts and pick some pieces to gift your loved ones.
- Monte Vista History Center is another place within the four walls of the city. This museum offers sneak peek into the city's glorious past, rich culture and history through photographs, books and documents.
- Transportation of the West Museum is another must-visit place. It features trains, farm implements, horse-and-buggies and other methods of transportation from the old West.
Staying in Monte Vista
Since it is a tourist destination, there are plenty of hotels in Monte Vista across all budget ranges. However, you can't miss watching a movie on a big screen from the comfort of your room. Therefore, it's ideal to book the hotel adjacent to the theatre and located in the same property. It is also recommended to make an advanced booking, if you're traveling during peak season. Remember that the movies are played only from mid-May to mid-September.
|share||like 1||report||11 views|