BHUTAN: Where Happiness is More Than a Dream
There’s a place on earth that even the most seasoned travelers consider a privilege to visit.You can’t find a more enlightening luxury travel destination today. Bhutan, Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon is a mosaic of picture postcards. It is known to be one of the most profound schools of teaching in the Buddhist world. The sacred monasteries that sit precariously on sheer cliffs, the fluttering prayer flags that line the high ridges, the red robed monks who chant through the day and night, give this kingdom an aura that comes from another time.The country famed for prioritizing the Gross National Happiness of its people has its traditions and values rooted in its religious traditions.
Top six places to visit in the breathtaking destination, Bhutan
Bhutan encloses the natural beauty and the manmade cultures. A trip to Bhutan is certainly going to unwind the tired souls. Let’s have a look at the chief attractions of Bhutan:
• Looking to enjoy the most vibrant festival of Bhutan? Join the Punaksha festival along with the thousands of pilgrims from Bhutan and enjoy the very vibrant and colorful festival. It is great to watch the firecrackers exploding as the battle scenes take place here.
• Visit the colorful market place of Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan. You will love the quirky shops, museums, and the amazing landmark like the National Memorial Chorten. One will never encounter any traffic lights here.
• The Dochu La Pass comprises of the fluttering prayer flags and the view of the majestic Himalaya cannot be avoided at any cost. Here you may visit the amazingly ornate DrukwangyalLhakhang Temple. In the honor of the Bhutanese soldiers, the Queen Mother AshiDorji had built the 108 Chortens.
• The Taktsang Lhakhang is located high above the Paro Valley. Built in the 8th century, the monastery is magnificent. For the Buddhist pilgrims, it is a sacred place.
• The Glacial Valley of Gangtey lies at the 2900 m. You have to climb all through the dense forest and then the vast expanse of dwarf bamboo will come as a surprise. The beautiful valley boats the magnificent rivers like Gay Chhu and NakayChhu.
• The Chime Lhakhang is the beautiful temple of fertility that can be traced back to the 16th century. The place is a blessing for the childless couples.
How to reach Bhutan:
The raw and natural beauty of the earth characterizes much of Bhutan’s environment that has made it so stunning and captivating to visitors. From the tropical plains right up to the alpine highlands, Bhutan’s environment is as diverse as its culture. Enter Bhutan by road either from Phuentsoling (closest airport Bagdogra, closest railway station New Jalpaiguri in India) or fly in to Paro International airport with Druk Air which has connectivity from Kathmandu, Delhi, Mumbai& Kolkatta.
Learn more about Bhutan click this link luxury vacations in Bhutan
|share||like 1||report||30 views|