followers view all
following view all
|ivhecom is not in any groups|
10 Steps to Prepare Your Home for a Home Exchange
No place is as good as your home but what is you can enjoy all the conveniences of a home while traveling? Travelling always costs money, with a large part of the expenses being accommodation. If you cut down your expenses on accommodation, then you will have more money to spend on other activities or maybe even travel more. You might think that only miracle makes your accommodation free, but don’t wait for a miracle. Home exchange is a way you can save money, and at the same time enjoy the comforts of home away from home while traveling.
When you are preparing your space for home exchange, there are some basic steps that you should follow. You will want to create a good impression and maybe even a term relationship with your guests. Let’s go through some steps to prepare your home:
- Portray your home truthfully in the home exchange listing: Don’t give any false image of your home. Showing wrong image is like cheating your guest. You can build trust by presenting a true image of your home.
- Leave your home clean: Before you guests arrive, ensure that you home is tidy and clean. You want them to enjoy their vacation and your space will speak about your personality and image. So, always leave your home clean.
- Leave your guests a few starter items: If someone is coming to your home through home exchange, a kind jesture is to live a few items for them when they arrive. This could be fresh milk, bread, juice, coffee and tea. If there is a local food or drink item that is popular, leaving them a sample is always welcomed.
- Make space in cupboard: It is important to give some space to your guests where they can keep their belongings. Make sure there is enough place space in the cupboards.
- Store precious and personal items carefully: You are sharing your home only on exchange not all your belongings. Keep your all valuables, computers and other things safely locked away.
- Inform you neighbour: Always inform your neighbours about your guests because they are the people who can have an eye on your home in your absence. They can also help your guest at the time of an emergency.
- Leave clean towels and bed sheets: Leave clean linen, with an extra set available for the number of persons coming.
- Safety of house: Ensure that all alarms and other safety devices are properly working. It is good for both of you.
- Clear the terms and conditions of your home exchange in agreement: For avoiding any confusion prepare your agreement carefully and clear all terms and condition of home exchange in it.
- Welcome your guest with a surprise: Add some personal flavour and have a surprise gift for your guests. Really this idea will work and bring a sweet smile on your guests’faces. This could be a something simple like a welcome note, flower or maybe a bottle of wine.