followers view all
following view all
|asitroy is not in any groups|
|Chemicals, Chemical Industries|
All About Soda Ash
Soda ash, a gift of nature is commonly known as sodium carbonate. It is a white coloured anhydrous powder that has an alkaline taste. It is the most important chemical compounds in the chemical industry. It has numerous applications such as manufacturing of paper, chemicals, glass, detergents and several other products. A carbonic rich compound in pH concentrations, soda ash is also largely used as a water softener in industrial sectors.
In this article, we will know more about Soda Ash.
How is soda ash formed?
Formation of soda ash can be naturally or artificially.
Soda ash or Sodium carbonate is formed through natural processes. It is formed through long geological process of erosion of igneous rocks, transportation of sodium from the rocks and further chemical reactions.
The process starts with the release of sodium from the igneous rocks. This sodium is carried away with river water and streams which then collects in the river basins. The last step is when there is a contact with carbon dioxide which turns it into sodium carbonate, also called soda ash.
Soda ash can also be produced artificially in the chemical industries.
Chemical industries also process this acquired sodium carbonate to produce soda ash. This chemical process will leave by-products like sodium bicarbonate, sodium sulphite, sodium tripolyphosphate and other chemicals like caustic soda.
Uses of Soda Ash
Helps determining economic condition of a country
Soda ash helps in determining the economic condition of a country like United States. This is done by quantifying the volume of soda ash used in different industries.
Controlling pollution and recycle
Soda ash not only helps in removing sulphur from smokestack emissions but it also helps in the recycling process as well. This helps to produce paper, paper pulp and in the treatment of used-water.
Sodium carbonate or Soda ash has a numerous uses.
- Soda ash is an extremely soluble substance which makes it preferable for all types of chemical reactions. It is used in the manufacture of fertilizers, detergents, dyes and colouring agents. It also fulfils its purposes in the petroleum industry.
- We all know that sodium carbonate is commonly used in many households as detergents for cleaning purposes.
- Soda ash helps in reducing the acid content of power plant emissions and improves the alkalinity of the acid affected lakes.
- Soda ash is also used to make glass and also for the reduction of the melting point of silica.
- Soda ash is used for removing sulphur and phosphate from ferrous and non-ferrous ores. It is also used for the recycling of zinc and aluminium.
- Sodium carbonate is also used for decreasing the acid level of water in swimming pools. It is further used in soil preparation and also while manufacturing of glues.
You can contact KPL International, the leading chemical suppliers and soda ash distributors for all your chemical needs. The company is a globally acclaimed and has partnerships with about 35 major companies of the world.
|share||like 2||report||58 views|