What Makes Integration of Automated Leave Management System Obligatory?
Employees of every organization are permitted to take leaves. Some of those are allotted by the company itself, whereas some are holidays that are already decided by the government. Other than these, employees also take days off, which may be for their personal reasons. Thus, you can understand that keeping a track of all these leaves is difficult, especially for an organization that has a large number of employees working with them.
Now, while management of leaves can be done manually, it can cost the company a lot of time. The chances of errors are high as well. This is when a leave management software can help to note the attendance of employees and thereby process payroll.
Importance of automated leave management
For any company, the process of leave management holds an important place because this has a significant financial impact on a company’s bottom line. As per a survey, 35% of an organization’s payroll gets affected due to the mismanagement of leave and absence. Hence, it is always a better idea to incorporate some software and eliminate the mistakes in leave benefits calculations. Attendance and leave management system has made the entire process paperless and effective with minimal errors.
The onus of managing time and attendance rests with the HR. Effective leave management can reduce cost of any enterprise and improve the productivity level by
- managing employee’s leave
- reducing burden of administration
- helping to draft leave policies
Features to look for
It is not impossible to get confused while purchasing the right time management system as there are plenty in the market. But if you know what you are looking for then selecting the right software will be easy. Here are a few features you can keep in mind when look for such a software.
- Accuracy is the most important attribute that you just cannot ignore. Hence, the software should ensure employees are paid for the actual time they worked and not for the scheduled hours. It should track all the paid time off calculations along with employees’ punch in and out.
- Integration of software is another important attribute. You really do not want to purchase a leave management system that needs a complete restructuring of programs. It should easily sync with the existing HR and payroll programs.
- If the system can also be hosted on cloud, nothing can beat that. You do not have to spend on the storage space. You can rather keep the tracking data in the cloud and access it from anywhere and anytime you may need it.
- Mobile accessibility is significant because you will definitely want to track activities of employees stationed outside. Hence, the software must have an easy usability.
As an employer, you are bound to let your employees use the allotted leave in a reasonable manner; but at the same time keep a note on their number of leaves. So, don’t mess up with the time and attendance aspect; rather implement software that can collate the required information for analysis, reporting, and financial planning.
|share||like 2||report||36 views|