|RgtsGroup is not in any groups|
|Managed IT Services New york
Business VOIP Phone Service New york
Lit Fiber NYC
Office Relocation Checklist
Relocation or moving of an office can be a stressful job and if not planned from before can cause some serious trouble. Therefore it is best to be prepared and make a office relocation checklist of the things to do before you relocate so that you can be up and running once you move and there is no loss to the business. These are some things to be done before you relocate your business:
1. Assign a project manager to oversee the whole move and give you status report on it regularly.
2. Find out the companies providing data, voice and television services to the building and if there is any problem with them.
3. Contact your telecommunications company and make arrangements with them for the connecting your office circuits from the building’s main telecommunication closet to the IT/server closet in your office.
4. Plan the layout and the office furniture of your new space.
5. Enquire all about the shifting, like for how long the freight elevators remain open or for how long vendors can work.
6. If there is any construction required contact the architects, vendors, contractors 2-3 months prior to shifting to complete all on time.
7. Look where your new server room / IT closet will go. Be sure to confirm electrical, cooling and security requirements are met. Be sure the location of the server room is centralized enough to avoid cabling distance problems.
8. Find out what happens to the building cooling systems at nights and on weekends? You may require different ways of cooling for your IT closet.
9. Find out your cabling needs based on furniture location and future plans. Include as much as possible in the initial project to save money on future visits. Consider voice, data, security, AV and access.
10. Get a sample Certificate of Insurance (COI) from your building so you have it on hand when vendors request a copy.
11. Identify long lead time for items such as carpet, furniture and lighting that may delay the move.
12. Select a vendor for moving on the basis of “last on first off basis,” will they move It equipments as well and bill all at a flat fee.
13. Schedule the porting of your phone numbers.
14. Create a backup plan for the first week if your circuits don’t arrive can the employees work from home?
15. Ensure you have access to your DNS records.
- Determine who is responsible for cleaning the suite before move-in day.
17. Assign and schedule people to be in charge of different jobs of move-in day.
18. Test and turn up new circuits, cancelling old ones once you move in.
19. Coordinate an employee schedule for moving day.
20. Forward your mail.
21. Update your address, on email signatures, business cards and your website.
Getting this office moving checklist ready will help you to relocate smoothly into new office premises without any difficulty and with the minimum of stress. Keep it handy and you will have no difficulty at all moving and adjusting into the new place.
|share||like 1||report||44 views|