Modern LCD Control Room Video Walls – Examining Their Popularity
Throughout the last decade, there has been a lot of talk about how and where the current security systems are lacking in serving their purpose and what measures should be taken to modernise them. Collection of high quality Intel and then distributing it through the right channels so that it can reach the right people in time for successful preventive measures – this is the basic aim for which any security system is designed. And if it lags behind on servicing any part of this aim, you can consider it to be a waste of money and resources.
The most recent development in the field, one that has created a huge fan following for itself in the world of security systems and technology, is the new age LCD control room video wall. This system has completely changed the way vigilance and monitoring was exercised by security organisations across the world. There are many reasons why more and more companies are switching over to using this technology for their operations. Let us examine a few of them..
· Modern control room video walls mark a check on almost every requirement that security personnel have for managing the security of any building. Features like high performance, flexibility and low floor-space requirements add up to their charm.
· Most video wall systems these days are wall mounted. In fact, you can expect them to be less than 4-6 inches in depth. The security control room will therefore be much less congested and much easier to manage.
· Wireless connectivity is also a major development. No more tangled wires littering the control room floor. You now have a simple, easy to manage and operate video wall that can display images through the in-house network, making the system even more secure and less susceptible to sabotage and hijacking.
· The display system is usually a matrix of monitors that are designed to minimize all distractions when they enlarge security footage being captured by cameras across multiple displays.
· These systems are comparatively easier to install and maintain, as compared to their successors. Up gradations in software are easily manageable and any strict emergency protocols ensure minimum downtime of the system in case of an impending attack or disaster.
· Modern control room video walls are in fact so reliable that they rarely require repairs and changes. You can depend on them to run for thousands of hours. The low maintenance and adjustment requirements make it far more convenient to replace the system than actually repairing it.
· Video wall controllers can be of basically two types – wall mounted or freestanding cabinets. Both types have their own features and advantages. Wall mounted ones are stationary and require that the wall they are mounted on be reinforced. On the other hand, freestanding systems can be easily relocated by lag behind on display size. You can choose either one, depending upon your requirements.
If you wish to get more authentic information about control room video walls or want to buy the system for your organization, be sure to visit Polywall.net.
About The Author
Tim Adams is an expert in modern day security systems. He writes many informative articles about control room video walls and other technologies used in the field and recommends Polywall.net as the best name to trust in the business.
|share||like 10||report||91 views|