followers view all
following view all
|oliviagrey is not in any groups|
|Interested in surfing Internet, Gadgets and listening to instrumental music.|
How to Build a Gas Air Compressor?
A gas air compressor is a perfect equipment to keep handy. Because of its portable nature and non-dependency on electricity, you can conveniently use this one during power failure or even can move from one location to another.
So, getting an air compressor that runs on gas can be a great option for your business. And the great thing is you can build this one on your own. Sure, it’ll not be an easy task to master, but with right guidance you can definitely built an efficient gasoline run air compressor.
- Air tank with mounting plate on top
- Compressor head
- 1/2 " 14 TPI bolts & 1.5 inches nuts
- Horizontal shaft gasoline engine (at least 5 HP rating)
- Drive belt
- Centre Punch
- 7/16" drill
- Rotary tool
- 3/8" by 16 TPI by 1.5" bolts
- 16 gauge sheet metal
- Unloader valve
- Throttle control valve
- ¼" nylon airline tubing and compression fitting system
- check valve
- brass pipe tee
- Air pressure gauge
- Male air hose fittings
- Hose clamp
- Safety release valve
Step by step guidance:
- The first thing that you’ll need is the air tank and the compressor. Simply fit the compressor head on the mounting plate of the air tank. Secure it with blots and screws.
- Fix the gasoline run engine on the mounting plate too. The drive pulleys need to be aligned properly.
- Now, measure the space between the outsides of the drive pulleys. Buy a drive belt according to this measurement and install in temporarily.
- Once done, mark the mounting holes for engine and remove it from the mounting plate.
- Use a centre punch and make punch marks on each mounting hole mark. Make another mark on the ¾" front and back of these two marks. Now drill all 3 marks. Make sure to use your protective eye wear when drilling.
- By using the rotary tool to join the holes and create a slot. Do this for every mounting bolt position.
- Place back the engine on mounting plate and secure it with bolts at each hole.
- Once done fix the drive belt on engine as well as compressor pulleys.
- Adjust the location of the engine until the belt is taut enough.
- Now you need to erect a safety guard for the belt. You can use a 16 gauge metal sheet to do this. Make sure there is a gap of ½” between the belt and the guard.
- Now set an unloader valve in the already installed compressor.
- Now consult the engine manual and install a throttle control valve according to your engine’s specifications.
- Use airline tubing and compression fitting system to connect the unloader and the throttle control valve.
- Secure the check valve in the designated place and install the brass tube tee of equal thread size to it.
- Once done, attach air pressure gauge with the brass tee’s side opening.
- Located the air hose and fit the male air hose fittings into it. Secure the whole arrangement using hose clamps.
- Using the air hose connect the unloader valve to the brass tee.
- Fit the safety release valve within tank and secure it properly.
- Your gas air compressor is ready. Simply check the gasoline level and fire up the engine to check operations. See if the engine is working properly.
With these easy to follow steps you can build the gas run air compressor all on your own. And while you are at it, take safety measures very seriously.
|share||like 2||report||105 views|