followers view all
following view all
|learnsomethingnew is not in any groups|
Five Things College Students Do Not Need
Are you worried about your kid feel lonely? Or you are planning to do all that you can provide a comfortable environment on campus for him? Isn't the tuition money, charges for room and board, and other expenses stressing you out?
It is often seen that parents do all they can to provide a better and comfy room for their child. But there are a few expenses that are not as essential as we feel. Here, we have listed a few things that need not to be entertained on the wish list of your child. The need of students varies from one field to another field, but you can always come up with cost effective solutions.
1. Universities have a book bank to support students. It is like a book rental program to help students by saving them from spending huge sums of money on new books. If a university does not offer such programs, still there are places to rent books. First and foremost thing is to check whether your university or college offer book rental program, if not then contact services that can provide you with the respective course books. You can even buy second-hand books at relatively lower prices from a store.
2. Confine your expenditure on gadgets. If your child has not chosen a high-tech field for study, then there isn't a need of a brand new, high speed laptop and electronic gadgets on his desk. Even low costing laptop and desktop can serve the purpose. Mac on wish list needs a straight "No".
3. A student is in need of a printer when the printing cost gets higher. A parent can buy a printer from the wish list, but it doesn't mean the that the printing cost in house eats away all the pocket money like bacteria finish off the entire food.
4. Is a pricey smart phone that important for your child? No! Of course! The purpose of the phone is to stay connected. And one can keep in touch via an ordinary phone as well.
5. Music/ Stereo system and a new car are strictly not one of the basic needs. Okay!Your kid is a great fan of Michael Jackson and the Beatles but a new stereo system in a brand new car, or even a new car is not the expense you must go for. Gas, tickets, is already added to your expense list, then why a need to buy a new car?
There are students who have to apply for student loans as a support to their basic right i.e. Education. Why do we have to spend all for the sake of luxuries, when less can become more in time. You have alternates, to avoid rejection.
Your children might use this money in some other business later. Think before you get your kid into a college. They might use this money in other needs like hiring a professional for custom writing.
|share||like 9||report||462 views|