followers view all
following view all
|sakshay is not in any groups|
|Open SourceWebsite design and development
Responsive website design
Ecommerce website design
An Overview of HTML5 Mobile App Development
Today almost everyone who wants to design, develop and deploy a robust mobile application prefers to use HTML5. Learning how to create a simple document in HTML5 has become a basic step in mobile app development. It is a new version of the language HTML. Desktop browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are very slow at adopting to this language. However, a considerably large number of mobile devices have already begun to use it. HTML5 is supported by almost all tablet devices and smart phones today. Number of such devices is increasing consistently and so is the need for HTML5 mobile application development.
Introduction of HTML5 has changed the scenario of mobile application development not only from a developer's point of view but also from that of a customer using these applications. Following sections will explain the emergence of HTML5 and the ways in which it has influenced the field of web design and development.
Emergence of HTML5
A proposal given by Sir Tim Berners Lee in 1989 suggested the use of hypertext for linking related documents over a network. Hypertext eventually changed into Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), with some cooperation from people at CERN. Standard Generalized Markup Language was the basis for HTML. After 1999, a language called XHTML was introduced. It was created by rewriting a version called HTML 4.01 in XML. This language has some strict requirements due to which it is difficult to write. To overcome this difficulty, developers have come with HTML5. W3C framework now includes HTML5 specification as well.
Benefits of Developing Mobile Apps with HTML5
Use of HTML5 has proved to be beneficial for mobile application development in a number of ways. Following are some advantages of using this language for developing mobile apps:
- HTML5 is platform-independent. This allows the app to run on multiple devices and operating systems.
- Mobile applications created using HTML5 work instantly on the browsers of smart phones and tablet devices. Hence, the effort and time to reach the market gets reduced exponentially.
- There is no need to submit these apps to an app store. One can easily use these apps and explore their features.
- Apps designed using HTML5 can easily adapt to the needs of developers. This makes it easier for one to accomplish user cases.
- HTML5 follows open standards which give both developers and vendors to make desired changes to the final product.
|share||like 2||report||774 views|