Addressing the Challenge of Test Environment Management
The World Quality Report (20015) this year once again identified that Test Environments Management is a leading “testing bug bear” and across the board various independent surveys have highlighted that organisations are challenged by demand and the complexity of their Non Production& Test Environments.
Consequently organisations suffers from classical “Logistic” issues, which include contention, outages, sub-optimal Development and Test productivity and unnecessary over spend i.e. spend associated with project delays and infrastructure/license proliferation.
As part of addressing these issue, Enov8 believes that organisations need to immediately uplift their capability via the establishment of a framework to enhance IT Environment Transparency, Governance, Measurement, Operational Standardisation and Automation.
The intended outcome of implementing such an IT Environment framework would include:
- An immediate standardisation of Environment Governance, Metrics and Operations.
- Higher DevTest productivity via less outages & streamlined servicing.
- Avoidance of additional infrastructure via better resource planning & coordination.
- Ability to execute more IT/Business change in the same set of test environments.
- Reduced project costs via service consolidation and a demonstrable chargeback model.
- Continual replacement of manual operations (tasks) with automated alternatives.
- Continual optimisation via metrics and service analytics.
- Increase in IT Productivity & Streamlining
- Reduction in Infrastructure & License spend
If was with this vision in mind that lead Enov8 to build EcoSystem EM as solution for Cross Lifecycle IT & Test Environment Management. An out of the box solution that allows you to uplift and to end transparency and governance. If you wish to know more about the enov8 vision then please visit us at enov8.com.
|share||like 1||report||17 views|