followers view all
|JackDawson is not in any groups|
Myself Jack Dawson.. I am free lance content writer..
8 Tips on Hiring an Oracle Business Intelligence Consultant
When it comes to Enterprise Performance Software (EPM), statistics prove that Oracle is still the leading solutions provider. If then you are finding it hard to manage your business, it is time to leverage this proven capability by Oracle in order to gain a competitive edge.
For you to deploy the system successfully you need an expert in Oracle Business Intelligence and this is where things get tricky. There are so many jacks-of-all-trades out there posing as experts in Oracle products and to avoid hiring quacks, make sure you consider these factors:
1. Experience: Never fall for gimmicks commonly used online by people who claim to be experts yet they cannot show any projects they have completed. Once you identify an Oracle EPM consultant, the first things to ask is his track record to prove he will not mess your business.
2. Vast range of skills: The best Oracle consultant be it an individual or corporate consultancy service, must possess skills to handle myriad products from the EPM provider. For instance, such should be able to handle Oracle Hyperion, Business Intelligence systems, data warehousing, cloud management, Oracle mobile products, virtualization technology and any other service you might need.
3. Impeccable training record: Before a consultant starts handling your Oracle solution project make sure you scrutinize his papers. Truth be told, Oracle products need specialized skills and only a person with the right papers can handle these tasks. As a bare minimum, make sure you are dealing with a university graduate who has certification from Oracle in different products and applications.
4. Long-term relationship opportunities: Where possible, always look for a consultancy firm that you can work with in the long term. Such an Oracle expert will be able to handle comprehensive system migration, Oracle BI installation and configuration. Moreover, it will be available for ongoing consultation including updates such as the new Oracle BI 11g.
5. Oracle recommendation: If you want to get the best expert to handle your system then look for Oracle recommendation. The EPM provider awards the best consultancy services and this should be your first stop when looking for these services.
6. Industry reputation: In this age of information, it is easy to get information on the quality of services offered by any prospective consultant. You should start by reading online reviews and testimonials from other Oracle users to assess the quality of service you expect.
7. Ask for a guarantee: If anything goes wrong during system migration, your business might collapse especially where data backup is poorly done. This is the reason you need to ask for an assurance that everything is catered for in case anything goes wrong. Most credible EPM consultants have a guarantee clause in the contract and this will give you peace of mind while also assuring you the consultant knows Oracle in and out.
8. Carry out a background check: If a consultant is to handle your sensitive data then you have to verify his credentials and background. When you know who is handling your data you will be more at ease.
Go on and get the best of Oracle BI system; the leading industry players are using this EPM system why not join them by hiring an expert?
|share||like 3||report||74 views|