For centuries, wine has been the most popular alcoholic drink that is enjoyed during meals and parties.The sweetest wines are matured over many years. Wine is made from the fermentation of grapes and other fruits. This fermentation occurs when yeast consumes the sugar in grapes and converts it to alcohol and carbon dioxide.The variation in the styles of wine comes from different grapes and different strains of yeast used.Wine made from ingredients other than grapes are usually named after the product used, for example pomegranate wine, rice wine, apple wine and elderberry wine among others.
Though it is an alcoholic drink,it is amazing to learn about the health benefits of wine.
• Wine has been shown to reduce the risk of heart attacks. This has been researched and noted by the Harvard school of Public Health.It shows moderate wine drinkers who suffer high blood pressure have 30% less chances of heart attacks than non-drinking counterparts.
• Moderate drinking of red wine lowers the risk of heart disease as red wine tannins contain procyanidins, a component that protects against heart disease.
• Wine lowers the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes for moderate drinkers by 30% more than non-drinkers.
• Wine lowers the risk of developing a stroke especiallyblood clot related strokes by 50% less than the non-drinkers.
• Wine promotes longevity by about 34% in drinkers compared to consuming other types of beers and spirits.
• Moderate consumption of wine, especially red wine, lowers the risks of developing colon cancer by about 45%.
The places where fruits are grown,harvested and matured into wine are called wineries.Wineries in Virginia & Maryland have won several awards including the ‘Best of Show’ in a California competition.Monticello, Northern Neck,Rocky Knob,Eastern Shore,North Fork of Roanoke and Shenandoah Valley form the famous Virginia wineries.They all have become popular tour destinations.
These wineries in Virginia are known for producing wines like Chardonnay, Merlotand SauvignonBlanc, wine popular and loved worldwide because of their great taste. Though it is assumed the best wine in North America is from California, a trip to Virginia area wineries tells you otherwise.You can experience the vibrant culture, beautifulcolors and fabulous wine in abundance.
Visitors do not need to worry about accommodationswhen they visit the Virginiaarea wineries. Motels, Bed And breakfast inns and hotels are available to cater to the needs of wine lovers, ensuring their adventures and wine-tasting trips will be memorable.
About the Author:
This article was written by the Marketing Coordinator at Big Cork Vineyards.They have the best quality of flavorful and aromatic red & white wines at their wineries. They offer a wide variety of delicious red & white wine categories like merlot wine, wine chardonnay, malbec wine, syrah wine and many more.