|Hairxtensions is not in any groups|
|Hairxtensions.co.uk is an online hair extension retailer based in the UK, We sell 100% human nail-tip, stick tip and micro loop extensions, clip in sets, wefts/weaves, aftercare products, removal and application tools and much more!! With our skilled and dedicated teams which are knowledgeable in hair extensions we are always on hand to give you utmost service when it comes to hair extension.
We aim to send out all your orders the same day guaranteed if purchased before our dispatch deadlines (Monday-Friday 3pm and Saturday's at 10.30am) Unfortunately we are closed during bank holidays.
Keratin Glue Sticks for Hair Extensions: Keep Your Hair Clean
Keratin glue is a special type of adhesive created to attach hair extensions to a wearer's natural hair. Traditionally, it comes in small tubes or pre-attached/applied to the top of the extension. Nowadays, it is more popularly used in solid stick form, resembling a typical hot melt glue stick for a household hot glue gun. This stick can be used to apply the glue tip directly to the air extension before attaching to the natural hair.
Applying glue to your hair extension can be a tricky process if you are not used to handling hair and hair products. Here are some practical tips you can follow to keep your extensions and your hair clean, neat, and looking nice in the process:
• Lay the extensions out on a flat surface then gather a quarter-inch clump with your fingers. Use scissors to cut hair off the top fabric. If you have loose extensions, simply gather a quarter-inch diameter clump and separate the clump from the remaining air.
• Trim the top with scissors to create a flat surface.
• Have your keratin glue stick ready in your keratin glue gun (usually has to be pre-heated for about 2 to 3 minutes) along with your hair extension iron (also set to pre-heat mode).
• Pick the clump of hair up in one hand and the keratin glue gun on the other and squeeze about a quarter teaspoon of keratin glue on the tip of the hair. You may use the tip of the glue gun to work the keratin glue all the way around the clump.
• Set down your glue gun and pick up your hair extension iron, with which you can squeeze the glued tip, flatten the extension and spread the hair and the glue evenly.
• Allow your extensions to cool and cut uneven hair at the top.
• Now you are ready to apply the extension onto your hair. Remember to put on protective gloves if your hands are sensitive to heat.
• Secure the top part of your hair (around the crown of your head) with a clip to keep it out of your way. Gather a clump of your natural hair and rotate it a couple of times near the scalp. Insert a hair shield around the clump and push it close as possible to the scalp.
• Place the glued tip of your extension under the clump and position it so it is approximately a quarter of inch away from your scalp.
• Place the iron around your hair extension and your natural hair and press for 2 to 3 seconds to apply the bond.
• Twist the bonded area so the glue can be smoothed out and applied cleanly.
About the Author:
Ms Diane Mead is the customer services manager of hairxtensions.co.uk which sell 100% human nail-tip, stick tip and micro loop extensions, clip in sets, wefts/weaves, aftercare products, removal and application tools and much more!
|share||like 1||report||18 views|