Keep Your Traditional Saris Safe with These Tips
Are you wearing your favorite traditional saree this wedding season? Got curry marks on it? had lipstick stains on the pallu or compact makeup on it? When you are too busy in indulging into the festivities, one can often forget to keep their clothing in perfect condition. However, after the ceremony or the wedding, the real hassle of cleaning the saree and packing it up nicely becomes a part of your life. It is not an easy task to get rid of that curry stain from the embroidery work done on most of the traditional saris or protecting it from all kinds of damage during storage. However, all these given tips can actually make it easy for you to do so:
- · Wash at home: Soak the part with curry stain in luke warm water, gently rub the part to remove solids. Make a mixture of glycerin and hot water, rub it on the stain and leave for about 30 minutes. Clean with lukewarm water after 30 min. now soak the saree in detergent with enzyme and water solution. Wash it by gently rubbing until the stain goes and rinse in lukewarm water. Put it for drying in shade.
- · Take it to drycleaner: in case the stains are pretty bad and are not coming off with the above tip, it is better to take it to the dry cleaners. They have resources and technique to get rid of stains from all kinds of traditional saris in India. In case the stains are on the silk saris or such delicate fabrics, take them straight to the dry cleaners.
- · Sanitize with steam: before storing it up, make sure to use a steamer to sanitize the fabric. It will protect it in storage.
- · Dry them before storing: moisture can rip off the freshness of your saree in storage, hence try to get rid of the moisture by putting to dry in sun for some time.
- · Naphthalene balls: since during storage there is a fear that moth might eat away your expensive saris store them with naphthalene balls. This will keep them protected from all kinds of moth.
- · Use airtight packaging: presence of air and moisture can affect the freshness of the fabric therefore try to store it away in airtight packaging. This will protect the fabric in storage.
With all these tips, you can keep your traditional saris in India safe and sound. Wear them like new every time by following all these pointers.
About the Author…
Madhu Jainwal is an expert writer having vast experience about the fashion industry. Currently, she is writing on various topics related to clothing like the Designer lehenga sarees, Buy Designer Salwar Kameez, Buy Bollywood Salwar Kameez Online, Cotton Salwar Suits Online and others
|share||like 3||report||74 views|