followers view all
following view all
|janessa is not in any groups|
3 years ago
Important Protected Methods For Cleaning and Taking Care of Coins
Every coin carries a long and rich history which ascertains the royalty of a nation, kingdom or country. In fact, they are the remarkable milestones which complete a set of economy. Coin collection is considered a hobby of the rich people, the ones who are rich in money or historical intellect. Every piece should be carefully preserved and cleaned since it is a material and may lose its original state. Some factors that contribute to there are as follows;
• Water vapors and humidity which causes rusts.
• Changing temperatures which bring drastic effects not only to the surface of but to the inner metal as well.
• Acids which tarnish the metal and reduce their luscious surface.
• Chlorine or Chlorides in PVC bags which cause corrosion.
• Air pollution, air gases and air greases
• Improper methods of handling, cleaning or storing
How to Keep Your Coins & Coin Jewelry Safe?
• They should be placed in a holder or album.
• The jewelry should be kept in folders as it is a little larger in size.
• The placement should be done by spreading in the folder.
• Cardboard holders are also used for placing them. However, make sure that the plastic surface does not contain PVC in it.
• You can also place them in coin tubes. For keeping the jewelry in the tube, place it on a cardboard surface. Cover them tubes and stick them to paper properly. Cover the chains and strings with longer tubes.
• Try to keep the compete range of collection and jewelry away from kitchen.
• Keep the holders in a dry place. Choose the moderately cool room in the house for placing the holders.
• Always remember this rule for selecting the location of the coins; ‘the place suitable most for a human is suitable most for the coins’.
• Place the coin holders in airy room without removing the covers twice a year.
It is recommended that they must be cleaned after every 5 to 8 months.
• Lay down a soft towel and place the coins on it. Let the open air prepare for cleaning process.
• Fill a flexible plastic container with warm water; do not choose hard material container.
• Put 2 to 3 drops of mild dish washing detergent in 100 ml of water. Mix it gently with hands.
• Fill another flexible plastic container with warm distilled water.
• Take one coin and gently rub your thumb on one side and then on the other side.
• Put it in the distilled water container and wash away all the detergent.
• Shake the coin gently by holding it between your fingers from corners only.
• Place it on a towel and let it dry.
• Repeat the process with rest of the pieces.
• When you are sure that the coins are neat and clean, store them back into the holder.
4) Important Tip
Do not rub the coin or jewelry with rough hands or brush. Always be very gentle with the coins.
|share||like 3||report||84 views|