followers view all
following view all
|swayamind is not in any groups|
How to choose the perfect dining table mats for dining table?
Dining table mats are more of a utility factor. It can be an excellent decorative item for your dining table. But when given some thought and creativity; tables generally turn from boring and bland to décor piece. Without them, they often stop the flow of interior decoration in a dinette.
Complement their texture with the look of the room and bring out a coordinated look. In different varieties they are available in the market such as plastic, fabric, bamboo, crochet, jute, leather etc to meet varied needs of tastemakers. The list is endless even for styles. From ethnic to modern, sophisticated to whacky, all your lifestyle needs can be met. Always keep the theme and decoration in mind to choose the right piece of table mats for your eatery. Some useful tips for shopping the suitable product:
- The size matters and it should be relevant as per the size of the countertop. Make sure enough space is left on the table to place the dishes.
- The colors in the existing area should complement with the art piece you choose. Blend dark colored table tops with light colored mats and vice versa.
- Theme of the décor also has a significant role. Prints and patterns on the texture must have some inspiration from the exisiting décor elements.
- If you have children at home, waterproof and stain resistant mats will be ideal. They are Eco friendly as they can be recycled and thus safe for you and the planet as well.
In spite of all this, if you want to create inexpensive, imaginative or unique table settings, then read on:
- Use old silk scarves to cut out placemats in rectangular or oval shapes and then use a zigzag edged scissors or use glue to fold unsown edges.
- Make your tableware and table linen from a simple cloth and match with the floral arrangement.
Points to remember:
- Make sure you iron out any creases before putting them on display
- Use a tape or blue tack to make sure they stay intact at one place
- Clean your mats to wash off the dirt if any
- They need not to be expensive
- Be creative and imaginative
- Look for these fabrics and materials: silk, cotton, linen, curtain fabric, printed fabric or with even mirrors for decorative needs
Some of the points you go through when choosing a table mat:
- Consider the long term investment if you are not to ready to invest again and again
- Understand the cost of maintaining so that it won’t be much more than the initial price
- Replace mats at regular intervals. It varies as per you needs, fabric and lifestyle
Swayam offer a reasonable customization for great level of satisfaction. Fill your cabinet with the finest range of dining table mats to suit every decor. Be relaxed with the quality of their products. They are made up of polyurethane fabric coating on the mats. They give a very interesting look which is classic and has subtle charm. Waterproof feature and reversible texture make them more desirable. These dining table mats are embossed to give you the best companion for the dinner.
|share||like 1||report||67 views|