· Solo Ad Exchanges
· Twitter Marketing Tips
· The Coffee Shop
· Law of Attraction Marketing and Resources
· Free Traffic
· Just for Laughs
· Share a video

I love my home with my husband Jim and our kids... Maja, Badger and Chet. Our dogs, but yes, our kids. I love to play golf, fish, watch a good movie and read a good book every once-in-awhile.

I truly enjoy working my business... Text Ad Exchange Owner, I own 5... which keeps me busy. It`s also helped me to grow, make new friends and relationships.

Brenda Crofoot | bjfoot
May YOUR Christmas have Peace, Joy, Love and Laughter... Brenda

Why Would I Use Two Wolves As My Picture...

Oct 13th 2010 at 7:22 PM

A few years ago... Actually many years ago, I was injured. The results I won't go into. I will tell you, my injury was inflicted by another person, which resulted in alot of anger and yes, rage. I was surfing the net one day and found this and it had an amazing affect on me. I started working on my emotional and physical balance. Today, I have no anger at the person who hurt me. I practice Energy daily and I use the Wolves as a reminder... Feed The Positives... Never the Negatives!

I hope you enjoy the story!

Two Wolves

A Cherokee Legend

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Here is the same story, but it is called "Grandfather Tells" which is also known as "The Wolves Within"

An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice, "Let me tell you a story.

I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do.

But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times." He continued, "It is as if there are two wolves inside me. One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him, and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.

But the other wolf, ah! He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger,for his anger will change nothing.

Sometimes, it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."

The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"

The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."

New Addition To the Wolves Story 12/28/2010
During the Christmas Holiday the tweetsmaster here at IMFP sent me a great gift.  I hope you watch this, it's wonderful!  We really can learn alot from Wolves!
(opens in new window)

Mar 4th 2011 at 6:03 AM by TimRR
I like this story,, very good
Dec 27th 2010 at 9:48 AM by Demax
WOW!!!, That was an awesome illustration on how to view life and the inner spirit to find peace with one self. If only we all could apply these principles the world be a much better place. Thanks for sharing this important article, I will most definitely share this with all my family and friends. Bless you always!
Dec 21st 2010 at 9:43 PM by nelica
I like your article with 2 wolves Brenda, the grandfather and his very right in all his saying. God Bless!
Dec 18th 2010 at 11:06 AM by Leopardln
I Like your story and the others from the olden days I was told a smiler story when I was young by my Grand Mother. Hope you find the truth. Cynthia
Dec 15th 2010 at 8:52 PM by myprofitrocket
I LOVE these two stories, Brenda! What you say is SO true! This world would be a different place if more people followed your example! Keep enjoying the fruits of living a balanced life! Take Care! Lisa
Dec 10th 2010 at 8:36 AM by drkelp
Thanks for the explanation, I had wondered about the significance of your thumbnail picture. I loved the two stories even though I have heard them before. WE need to remind ourselves of these things daily. Everytime I see the photo know it will remind me to feed the good wolf.
Dec 3rd 2010 at 5:26 AM by Rickson
Hi Brenda! Everyone loves a good short story..feeds the kid inside us all. I wish you eternal growth and success. Looks like you found the right tools to live by. Big Hugs, Rick
Nov 28th 2010 at 10:40 PM by minx267
Love it!
Nov 25th 2010 at 7:45 AM by MLMBiz4Dummies
My daughter’s grandfather was Cherokee. My grandmother was half Choctaw. My great-grandfather, a runaway slave of African origin, became a non-commissioned officer in the United States Union Army as a Buffalo soldier. Met and later married, a young Choctaw maiden in Oklahoma, who became my great-grandmother. For a very long time, we have discounted the wisdom and ancient knowledge of African and Indigenous Americans as non-relevant. Today, we Americans look to the far East for wisdom and spiritual enlighten, while forgetting the ancient cultures we have right here in America. As a child of multiple ancient cultures, I was taught quite early in life to respect all life and most of all, mother Earth. I have lived my entire life, a very rewarding one, following the principles I was taught as a child. They have brought me internal peace, respect for others and for the earth we have been allowed to live on for a brief moment in time. Perhaps we can all learn from our Indigenous Americans before it is too late!
Nov 22nd 2010 at 8:26 PM by onequartlow
Awesome. I think this is so important and applicable to all. Thanks for this post. I am a Juvenile Department Director in real life and we are constantly striving to "change feeding patterns." Peace.....T
Nov 19th 2010 at 1:50 PM by igytomas
Aren't they lovely, those two? Beautiful creatures. Yes, the story is very wise and bares true. It is just like that, simple. Feed the anger and you become Lord Vader :) (paraphrasing) I like this movie and it does carry this simple true!
Nov 18th 2010 at 9:32 PM by bjfoot
Thanks Bret... I wrote a note on your Face to Thank You for your comments. I am in Oklahoma where we have Cherokee and Chickasaw. We also have Seminole here. They are wonderful, loving and caring people! Being of the Goyim (the nations) we should know the the tribal heritages that have been passed down are as strong today as they were over the ages. In fact, if we would get back to some traditional common sense, our lives would not be so complicated. Simplicity has an elegance that should be admired. The more "Binary" our culture becomes... the more we seem be become lost. I love the old ways. Call me silly, I like being able to hear the truth.
Nov 18th 2010 at 9:00 PM by thebananarepublican
I think I have found an understanding soul here on Faceplate. The Lord speaks in tongues! How beautiful. I have Cherokee and Chickasaw in me so I always get tingly when I read wisdom from my ancestors. Ah, when I hear the Spirit who spoke to my Native fathers and mothers and to my father Abraham (grafted in, I am of the Goyim) as well. Bless you! I truly hope to get to know you better, Brenda. In a world where binary letters can lead to the inability to "hear" the truth behind the beating heart typist, now and then a Spirit is too loud to be constrained by 0s and 1s. Shalom [+] thebananarepublican AKA Malachi
Nov 11th 2010 at 7:36 AM by houseofmax
Interesting story that everyone should take seriously.

Nov 10th 2010 at 2:46 PM by sybilg
Thanks for sharing -- great story!
Nov 3rd 2010 at 9:55 PM by gerardoantonio
i do love nature...thanks ..I live in costa rica and we have a lot of makes me go back to my roots.
Nov 2nd 2010 at 5:24 PM by SmallEnginesgo
I like pictures of nature's wild life. My sister in-law apparently just got her book published about a native Indian story who wanted to be buried the traditional way.

Oct 31st 2010 at 11:56 AM by db331
Thank you for these great stories. It will be stories that I will keep within me to remember. To feed the wolf that has good intentions. :o)
Oct 31st 2010 at 8:58 AM by catherinedwhite
I have actually seen this story before but your posting of it has come at a good time for me. Thank your for sharing. I am going to pass this story a reminder to myself that there is no good which will come from the anger within.
Oct 15th 2010 at 1:23 PM by deltastarf
Great story and good explanation for the picture. Thanks so much for sharing.
Oct 14th 2010 at 8:50 PM by jopel
I like your words "Feed the positives...never the negatives".
Oct 14th 2010 at 3:28 PM by deewest
I love the story of the Two Wolves Thanks for Sharing!
Oct 13th 2010 at 10:21 PM by onqglobal
To apply for the like facepoints in this article is in my personal; Either not to comprehend the Inner Alert of the Pitfalls that you Must Avoid to be a Greater success in life. Escaping the Fatal errors and Hinderance that we allow unknowingly... A very good submission that will reach the Attentive! Continue being yourself and Improve as you Change in your Prosperity Across the board... Well Done!