followers view all
following view all
|· Law of Attraction Marketing and Resources
|Introducing, discussing, and sharing anything from foot cream to self esteem and beyond through the services and opportunity of GDI. Taking Care of personal perspective and business.|
Ten Ways To Take Care Of Brain Health
We can all probably can agree, the brain is the most essential organ of the human body. It only make sense to place care of maintaining good brain function a top priority. Taking care of the brain has not ignited much attention in the past, however in today’s time it has become exceedingly obvious there are great benefits in focusing on the health of our most vital organ. The following is my shared version of research in ten approaches towards taking care of maintaining and improving brain health.
Much of the brains health is due to consumptions. What we put into our bodies has long term effects and benefits.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids: This is a commonly know brain booster, but can often be neglected. The Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for brain health. Lack of these fats can cause problems like low IQ, depression, and other important brain functions. It may help to realize these fats not only improve brain health, but are effective in preventing poor brain health as well. The best natural source of omega-3 fatty acids are fish. However if for some reason, fish isn‘t your thing, you can consider alternatives like taking fish oil or krill pills.
2. Tea Herbs: There are two ways in which herb teas can induce healthy effects on the brain. Aromatic teas like Spearmint and Rosemary are know to boost energy due to both medicinal purposes as well as aromatic stimulant effects. Ginkgo and Ginseng are known for their more direct effect on maintaining good brain health. Ginkgo is known as the herb tea that helps oxygen availability to the brain through improving nerve transmission and blood flow. Ginseng tea can be directly related to adrenal and pituitary glands health. Licorice tea is another tea directly effective on adrenal gland health and is also known for calming the mind.
3. Spice Herbs: There are a couple of popular spices that come to mind for boosting brain health. Tumeric has been connected to the possible prevention of Alzheimer’s. This is a mild flavored yellow spice found in curry powder, which is a combination of spices where tumeric is included. Curry is much more widely know and used as it is considered the spice of a most robust flavor. However tumeric by itself has been used for flavored margarine, cookies, and even in ginger based tea. Cinnamon is another spice which is considered good for brain stimulation and memory.
4. Nuts & Berries: Depending on how you look at it, going nuts can be considered good for mental health. Although nuts may not be a cure for schizophrenia or psychosis, they are good for maintaining and improving memory. All kinds of nuts are known to benefit brain health, especially when consumption is on a daily basis. Berries are known for their benefit in preventative properties which aid against development of dementia and Alzheimer’s as well.
5.Water: Of all the consumption substances to consider for better brain health, water is essentially vital. The well hydrated brain promotes alertness and ability to concentrate. Some teas and juices could present a little hydration aid as well as medicinal benefits for brain health but should not be considered substitutes for water. Sufficient amounts of clean water is the drinking that keeps you thinking.
6.Vitamin and Mineral Supplements: We have all been aware of the body’s need for vitamins and minerals. They serve us well in producing antioxidant, healthy blood flow, and other nutritional needs. Although it is obvious the body is made up of flesh and soft tissue in need of these vitamins and minerals, often it eludes our attention of how the brain is made up the same substance. This may be due in lack of consciously distinguishing the difference between mind and brain. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind, that the brain needs vitamins and minerals in as much as the rest of the body. For the brain vitamins and minerals produce antioxidants which help memory as well as other nutrients which boost and stabilize moods as well as aid in clarity of thought.
Activities play a key role in brain health too. Never let it go unsaid that what we do from day to day doesn’t effect us in many ways.
7. Play: Being young at heart has recently been promoted as a health benefit. When it comes to reducing stress levels and having a general positive outlook on life, playfulness has been frequently mentioned. Playing games is also know to benefit brain health. Not the head games that keep a person suspicious or on guard, but board games or trivia games which help induce ability to exercise memory. So be playful, pull up a chair, and pull out those old or new game boards. Have a little fun and quality time with close friends and family to boost yours and there memory capabilities.
8. Sleep: You may have heard of the old saying. ‘If You Snooze You Loose’, but in the case of cognitive health, good sleep will gain you developments of new brain cells. Adequate rest also promotes ability to concentrate and retain memory. So before you begin boosting in the ability to engage in a activity that can last all night long, you should serious consider feeling good about getting a good night’s sleep instead. This is especially good advice for students pulling an all nighter in cramming for the next day’s exams.
9. Breathe: It may seem obvious that breathing is essential for brain health, but often importance on breathing properly is over looked. It is important to be able to take deep breaths for the benefit of getting adequate amounts of oxygen to the brain. Oxygen keeps the brain alert, and you awake. One of the reasons we get sleepy after a heavy meal is due to the digestive system using oxygen from the body and leaving less oxygen for the brain to utilize. Deep breathes or a walk in fresh air can aid in remedying this effect. Proper breathing exercise is an excellent way to keep healthy amounts of oxygen flowing to the brain.
10. Meditation: Last but not least, this is my favorite, meditation has been commonly ignored as a health benefit in the past. However many people are reconsidering the effects meditation has on the Immune system and the ability to reduce stress. Recent studies reveal meditation as beneficial for brain health as well. Such studies have shown that meditation can actually thicken the cerebral cortex of the brain. This aids memory, concentration and focus. Ironically this means we should exercise the process of letting go of thoughts towards not thinking at all, in order to think better.
The brain is considered the most vital organ of the body, so it is vitally important to keep a healthy focus on effective ways to take care of it.
Written By <a href="http://takingcare.ws/AM-brainhealth.html">TC</a>
|share||like 34||report||438 views|