followers view all
following view all
|TeresaRose is not in any groups|
|I am a private music instructor that enjoys sharing my love of music with others. Additional interests include: cooking, working-out, quilting, reading, writing, blogging, and entrepreneurial endeavors.|
Personal Development Through Piano Study – Improve Yourself And Your Business
There are many valuable skills you can learn through piano study that can provide non-musical professional development and growth to your life. Most people think the benefits of learning piano, or any instrument, means the only thing you have gained is how to play an instrument. Sure, you can play an instrument, but there is much more that you are learning when you learn music.
Here's a list of some of the most valuable non-musical benefits piano study provides:
1. Patience – Rome wasn't built overnight and you can't learn to play piano overnight. Learning effective practice skills will help you develop patience with yourself and appreciate your progress all the more.
2. Confidence – Playing in front of people will help you develop poise and confidence that is useful in dealing with many situations in life.
3. Commitment – If you want to do something well, you must first commit to it. Whatever project you take on, see it through to the end. Never give up.
4. Perseverance – In order to see things through to the end, you must learn the art of perseverance. No matter what comes your way, keep going and never quit. There are always hoops to jump, bumps in the road, or sometimes mountains to climb before we get to the prize.
5. Coordination – The usage of both small and large muscle groups are strengthened through piano playing. Most people overlook the importance of developing fine motor skills that can transfer to other tasks successfully, such as typing on the computer.
6. Satisfaction – As you progress, you will develop a strong sense of satisfaction in your accomplishments, maybe even pride. You learn more about who you are and what you are capable of doing. Most of us underestimate ourselves significantly and never reach our full potential unless we test ourselves to see what we are made of.
7. Self-Esteem – As you accomplish things you never dreamed you could do, your self-esteem will rise giving you the power to tackle more projects you were once afraid to try.
8. Creativity and Self-Expression – Music provides a vehicle for communicating your feelings, unlocking your soul, and releasing what is deeply rooted within you. It also gives you a place to experiment with creativity and imagination. These are all things we tend to loose as adults. Practicing creativity and the skill of "thinking outside the box" transfers easily to your business allowing it to really take off and soar.
9. Concentration and Focus – Many successful people say that focus is the secret to their success. Playing the piano helps you develop better concentration and focus. In time, you will be able to focus for hours at a time and not even realize it.
10. Friendships – Simply learning to play the piano will open the doors to new friendships. You may have a chance to interact with more people and share your newfound common interest.
11. Fun and Relaxation – Yes, music can be fun and relaxing too. Whether you are playing or listening, it can provide hours of entertainment and a release from the daily stresses. Music can promote both mental alertness and relaxation that can be used to your advantage throughout life.
As you can see, there are many non-musical benefits of piano study that can really be developed to enhance your life overall. As you improve your personal life and use music as a tool for enhancement, your business will improve too.
I encourage you to consider learning how to play an instrument, digging out an old instrument you use to play, learn to read music, or at least develop a list of music to listen to throughout your day. Music really can improve your life in many different ways. This includes your business too.
|share||like 72||report||976 views|