followers view all
following view all
|dayle is not in any groups|
Overcoming a Lack of Motivation
This might sound familiar to you. One day you feel motivated and the next day you’re feeling the complete opposite. Staying motivated, no matter what the circumstances are, is not easy. Let’s face it — if it were that easy, everyone would do it. It is possible though!
Usually at the beginning of a project or job, you tend to feel good about it and are filled with enthusiasm and motivation. Throughout the duration of the project, you might experience unexpected failures or problems, and your motivation fades. Some people even become depressed and consider giving up. All of their once positive and enthusiastic thoughts have turned completely negative. Dreams in the beginning of the project become reality and tend to cause one to lose confidence. These emotions can lead to us giving up completely before the project can be completed.
If you can learn to understand and analyze your emotions, and what caused them — you can turn these negative emotions around. When we lose our motivation, we tend to lose our focus, our confidence and our direction, so try this:
- Focus on the task at hand — be specific and remain positive.
- Don’t focus on what you don’t have — instead focus on what you WANT.
- Don’t focus on your fears — instead try to OVERCOME them.
- Don’t focus on being poor — instead focus on a plan to create success and financial security.
- Create a step by step plan, and carry out one step at a time. Focus on your plan and be realistic about your goals. Remember, goals that are unreachable can lead to depression, but small steps (goals) that are accomplished lead to increased motivation!
- Increase your confidence by being grateful for what you have, and not what you are missing. I am willing to bet you’ll start discovering you are more successful than you think.
- Don’t waste your energy on being jealous of others — instead, work on achieving your own goals.
- Don’t take your strengths for granted.
In summary . . . if you have no direction or focus, you won’t find motivation. Creating a day-to-day strategy and a to-do-list and doing it provide a sense of accomplishment. Mark off each item on your to-do-list once you have completed it. By making this list or outline of what needs to be done, you will find ways to accomplish them. You will start believing that you deserve success — don’t waste time worrying about the future. Start now — change your future for the better!
Finally, if you experience a loss of motivation or start feeling depressed — don’t be surprised. Try and take this opportunity to look back and analyze what you are doing right, and what you are doing wrong. Discover your faults and correct them — you just might find that when you re-evaluate your plans and goals, you will experience new found enthusiasm and motivation!
To your success!
|share||like 51||report||495 views|