followers view all
following view all
|saanvis2 is not in any groups|
|I am Professional writer, editor and blogger,I really like to spend my full time to write new idea which i thing. I am online marketing expert and technology enthusiast. I has been using the internet since the days of Usenet and the AOL walled gardens. Away from the computer, I enjoys horse riding and fly fishing and traveling.
How to Prepare Your Child for the College Life?
The conversion from school to a college is likely to bring about a lot of changes in the parent life as well as a teenager who longs for an independent college life ahead. These days with children maturing faster than their age, the right attitude and seriousness still needs to be instilled to achieve success in a graduate or a diploma program.
1. The right guidance at every level: Although, going for a college education is an extremely proud moment for the parent as well as the kid, it is important that parents guide their child well. Often, in the initial days of the program being yourself and getting along with peers is vital. This improves self confidence in a new place and brings about better decision making amidst the diverse student group.
2. Emotional stability To handle situations Alone: A college student needs to have a lot of patience, confidence about self and needs to be emotionally and mentally strong. In fun or in academic activities, this learning phase shows a lot of ups and downs and may affect the emotional level of the student. The parents must stay in regular touch or act as a support system when an individual battles with various conflicts in college, due to adjustment issue, peer pressure or emotional set back or due to poor performance.
3. Resolution to get to the goals: Apart from taking good care of themselves and focusing on gaining knowledge, the student must not get shattered by temporary failures. College is a complete experiment where they get to know so much about themselves in terms of potential, negatives, right decision making as well as the capacity to cope up in difficult situations.
4. Go Out and openly Speak your Heart: Helping your Child to reach out and give his or her opinions when asked is not at all bad. The transition to an individual adult from a school going teenager is often difficult especially when you have to act on your own and decide for the smallest possible thing. Taking a stand for yourself is an important lesson that must be taught by the parents.
5. following Self-Advocacy- a must: Often, when your child is going to another state or country for the graduation program it is important for parents to help them be their own boss. Since parents can only guide, the student has to set their goals, be determined and find a support system at a time of turmoil or to enjoy a success. Measures of self-advocacy not only helps in right decision making but ensures that the individual takes professional help as well.
6. Budding the Right values: Every parent inculcates the right value and morals in their child from their schooling which is often reflected in the attitude of the individual. The independent college education brings out the best in individual and therefore the need for the right parental guidance and support throughout the education years is crucial to set him up for professional and personal life in the future.
|share||like 5||report||679 views|