followers view all
following view all
|englishbythehour is not in any groups|
How to Get your Speech to the Next Level: American English Coaching
So how can they improve if their English is not up to par? American Accent & Speech Coaching by professionals who have leadership experience may be the answer.
Taking yet Another Course:
Intelligent and well educated professionals often want to take technical or leadership courses, but they may not be tempted or intrigued by American Accent and Speech Coaching.Yet, their management, coworkers, and HR departments may sense they need help.How to bridge the gap? American Accent and Speech Coaching by Professionals who have leadership experience is the solution.
Coaching in the American Accent & Speech in General:
What professionals in the field can provide that non-native speaking professionals may not get anywhere else include:
- Clear and objective feedback on what they are doing differently – specifically with examples.
- Language options for how to say the “same thing” in a different ways how to make it stronger, softer, more powerful, more polite, or more objective. In essence, how to “wordsmith” the message to make it fit the person and the situation.
- What questions to ask sometimes a non-native speaker doesn’t know where to start to figure out what needs to change or even to understand how others are seeing them based on a combination of cultural and language factors.
- Examples include: “Why do people think I’m rude or too direct?” Perhaps the person uses a lot of commands rather than couching commands as requests. Instead of “Do it this way” the person could try “Have you considered doing it this way?” What seems like a minor change can have a big impact in how the other person “hears” it.
- An example? “Why does my boss tell me I’m not ready for leadership?” Perhaps the person asks permission every time before speaking. Instead of “Can I add something?” or “May I say something?” The person could try, “I have a suggestion to make” or “Here’s something we could try.”
It’s interesting how small changes can go a long way toward changing perceptions.Too dramatic of change may alienate people even if the change itself is not the problem. Subtle yet effective modifications may work better in the long run as they allow the person to make incremental changes and learn in the process, adjusting to the responses and reactions s/he receives.
English by the Hour
‘English by the Hour” offers coaching services for executives and professionals in the American Accent and Speech Improvement in general.Much progress can be achieved in 10 sessions and underlying needs are addressed as well as obvious ones.They also customize all of their materials, and provide thorough analyses of the issues.
Rebecca Linquist is the American Accent Coach who founded English by the Hour in 1999. She works with her teams of coaches to provide systematic coaching to clients throughout the world in how to acquire the American Accent.For more information visit to: http://www.englishbythehour.com
|share||like 4||report||33 views|