followers view all
Goal Setting, Simple Tips To Help You Achieve Success in Your Life
Effective Goal Setting
Goal setting is a powerful tool in leading whatever endeavor into its reaching its final and full potential.
But goal setting should effective enough than when this goal reaches its fulfillment, the goal itself becomes the fruit.
But how do we to do it?
1. Be clear. If you want a clear and tangible result, then set a clear and tangible goal. When people around you are sometimes confused of what you're up to, what makes you think that what you really want is clear to you, even without a clear goal. Your whole being, all of your senses, should be one in achieving your goal.
2. Be positive. Goals, right from the start, should be positive. It's common to see "tips" in almost everything to be set in two folds: the do's, and the don'ts. You wont need the don'ts. It will only confuse your goal and is in violation of the first principle.
3. Prioritize. If you're up to something bigger, and even a simple one, chances are that you must come up with a list of several goals. But be aware that multiple goal setting sometimes doesn't work. You should have priorities. Put at the top of your list very few goals that are doable at the moment.
4. Classify your goals. Most probably, you really have one goal. But since you're only one of the more than six billion souls inhabiting this planet, you will need to have several goals to help you achieve your ultimate goal. Thus, you will need to classify these several goals into (a) goals that will lead directly to the final goal, and (b) goals that will help in beating the odds that prevent you from realizing your final goal. Concentrate on the first type of classification.
5. Be positive. Believe in your goal. It is common to hear people saying keep your goal to an achievable level. Start with small things. Don't harbor goals that are too big. But hey, this will limit your creativity right from the start. It's true that you must have a list of your goals but it doesn't mean that this couldn't be changed. Even the U.S. Constitution has its amendments.
On this note, its good to touch on a little of this much abused set-realistic-goals mantra. If you would concentrate on this, you would soon realize that your goal is "undoable" because you're bound to come across with a person with goals that contradicts your goal. When this happens, you only need to go back to your master list, what was the final goal? Then re-arrange the smaller goals that were supposed to lead you to the ultimate goal. Goal setting is more effective in this way.
|share||like 34||report||210 views|