drkelp
I love watching YouTube and Daily Motion Videos. Check out this program that pays you to view and share these videos on your social networks - http://trckrs.com/121124/
unknown

Count your Blessings 101

Oct 16th 2010 at 6:53 AM

I was talking to my daughter the other day and we were talking about goals and achievement in general. I was beating up on myself for not reaching my recent goals quick enough and she responded by saying, "You need to look at where you have come from and be content and thankful with what you have done".

This got me thinking about life in general, and my life in particular. Why am I going from goal to goal without giving thanks when I do reach the last goal? Why am I not content? Why do I feel I always have to be moving on to the next goal so quickly?

After spending some time considering this the words of a hymn came to me,

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

In today's crazy and pressured world we often forget to give thanks for the blessings we have received. We rush by looking for the next blessing. Well if I was God, I might just say, "Hold on there buddy, what about a bit of thanks for all those blessings over there, before you start asking for new ones".

So I'm having a day of contemplation and thanks. I have been truly blessed with my family, my education, my business, my friends, the lovely country I live in, food, shelter and faith in the faithful one.

I still intend to pursue my goals but with time set aside along the way to give thanks for the blessings so far.

Peace to you all.

Mar 22nd 2011 at 7:40 PM by itworks4me
Hi, Thank You so much for this Wonderful Article! If You have a Grateful Heart, You see much more interiorely,because the little Things can become big Things, when we are grateful for Everything the Lord gives us, every day! Many Blessings to You!

Dec 10th 2010 at 9:24 AM by judyhwright
Thanks for a great article. The more gratitude you show, the more you are given to be thankful for. We all have at least 101 blessing right now, this minute. Happy holdays, jhw

Dec 2nd 2010 at 1:44 PM by drkelp
I have three smart daughters!

Nov 1st 2010 at 8:24 PM by stephaniebeth
Sounds like you have a smart daughter ;-)

Oct 28th 2010 at 4:32 AM by jjbreunig3
Sooooo true! We must be thankful and have a humble heart before God; as Christians, we need to be reminded that we're to walk in abundance and that we're blessed to be a blessing to others. He is worthy of our praise!

--Joe Breunig
Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory

Oct 20th 2010 at 4:47 AM by fredds
Wise words. Very wise words. We all, however pressured by life we may be, truly have at least some area where things are working out - and for that we must count it as a blessing and give thanks.

Oct 18th 2010 at 12:53 PM by bjfoot
Excellent article... Thank You!

Oct 17th 2010 at 11:13 AM by gerardoantonio
good,great..you are like me...or at least much like me...thanks a lot antoniova92@gmail.com">http://richestmails.net/pages/signup.php?CO=1f9f3945REFIDmilharley2&EM=antoniova92@gmail.com

Oct 16th 2010 at 5:23 PM by deewest
Good Article .. You have a wise daughter also. Have a great weekend!