followers view all
following view all
|surefireformula is not in any groups|
|Reading the Bible and living by it
Reading inspiring books
7 Useful Steps to Clear Thinking
Copyright © Mike Johnston
Feeling alert and readily able to make decisions throughout the day is quite desirable. However, many people feel just the opposite during the course of each day. Why? Because stress, anxieties, and other matters sap them of brainpower and rob them of clear thinking. What can you do if you fall into that category? Note the following 7 useful steps to clear thinking.
- Get up and take a walk. Taking a leisurely stroll can relax your mind and prepare the way for clear thinking. While walking be sure to occasionally breathe deeply through your nose. Increased oxygen flow through your body will aid clear thinking. You’ll be amazed at how freely productive thoughts will flow.
- Keep your work space organized. An organized, uncluttered work area clears your mind for the task(s) at hand. Having to constantly look for things can muddle your thought process. Keep your workspace organized and clear thinking will prevail.
- Make a list of the tasks you want to accomplish. What works well is to make a list the night before. It doesn’t matter whether you put it on paper or in electronic form. Make a list and revise it at the end of each day. Do this each day and your mind will stay organized.
- Tackle one task at a time. Taking your mind in a dozen different directions at the same time can hinder clear thinking. A distracted mind usually isn’t a focused mind. Resist the urge to do too many things at once and you’ll experience increased brainpower.
- Be quick about making decisions. Decisions have to be made each day, and at times, you have to face multiple decisions. It can be quite frustrating to keep putting off a task that needs to be done. So look at your agenda and follow through on pressing matters. Failing to make quick decisions on necessary matters can be overwhelming, thus stifling clear thinking.
- Satisfy your physical needs. Being hungry or thirsty can be very distracting. If you’re to enjoy clear thinking, you have to take care of your physical needs. Be sure to stay on schedule for your meals and consume a lot of water. If you get hungry between meals have a healthy snack.
- Be moderate in food and drink consumption. Eating too much can bog down your thought process. Also, overindulgence in alcohol can hinder clear thinking. Exercise moderation in these areas and you’ll find little interruption with clear thinking.
There you have 7 useful steps to clear thinking. Apply each point and you’ll see a vast improvement in your thinking and productivity. Yes, clear thinking will prevail, important decisions will be made, and you’ll feel great each day.
|share||like 81||report||1522 views|