followers view all
following view all
7 Secrets to Proper Time Management
Time management is sometimes easier said than done. A lot of people have heard time management tips and tactics but they just don’t know how to put this to work in their own lives and make it work.
With these seven secrets to proper time management, you can learn to make it work for you.
1. Learn to multi-task properly. It’s not successful if you’re trying to do too many things at once and not really achieving anything. However, if you can multi-task your time and be proficient and successful, you’ve learned one trick of time management- do more with the time you have.
2. Remember the 20/80 rule. It’s said that 80% of the good work we produce comes from 20% of the time we put in. Learn when you work best and how to make the most of your time.
3. Schedule and stick with it. A proper schedule will help you know what you need to be doing at all times. Keep your schedule with you, refer to it often and use it to guide your days.
4. Separate blocks of time. It’s much easier to work your schedule when you put all the tasks into blocks of time. Then instead of looking at one big picture of things you need to accomplish that day, you take it one block at a time.
5. Always plan ahead. Much time is wasted by not planning ahead. Proper time management includes planning ahead, expecting the unexpected and learning to be flexible.
6. Segment your day and activities. Split parts of the day and tasks into segments for greater efficiency. When you try too much in one big swoosh, it can be overwhelming.
7. Remember relax time. Everyone needs to rest. No matter how busy you are, you need to work in time to rest and relax. This allows your body and mind time to regenerate so you’re ready for the next day’s activities. This is truly important for proper time management.
These seven secrets to proper time management will help you stay on schedule with whatever you do in your days. Your work life, home life and personal free time can stay right on schedule so you have more time to do what you need and want to do.
Thanks for reading this weeks offering, I hope this information will help you to find balance in your career.
M. Dale Thomas
Don't forget to visit my blog at http://readforsuccessfullife.blogspot.com
|share||like 40||report||383 views|