Reasons For Using A Metal Wire Cage For Your Pet Hamster
Hamsters can easily chew their way out of cages that are made from plastic or wood. Although they can be placed in a tank or aquarium, the poor ventilation makes it a poor choice. Thus, a metal wire cage with a solid wood or plastic bottom is the best enclosure for them. With wire flooring, their feet can easily get stuck or injured.
Here are important reasons for keeping your pet hamsters in a wire cage:
- Wire cages are tough and are resistant to chewing
- There is better air circulation within the enclosure
- Hamsters get physical and mental stimulation from climbing on the bars of the cage.
- The bars of the cage can serve as an exercise outlet for hamsters.
On the downside, there are also disadvantages to keeping hamsters in wire cages:
- Temperature inside the enclosure can easily fluctuate depending on the existing external temperature.
- Hamsters are messy creatures and the area around the cage can be full of food, litter, and water.
- Metal wires rust easily.
If you want to know more details about pet’s care, click on given link.
|share||like 1||report||67 views|