followers 1 popularity
following 0

followers  view all

tonyslack11222 is not in any groups

Protecting Your Pet From Lead Poisoning

Aug 13th 2015 at 12:38 AM

Most cases of lead poisoning in pets occur as a result of house renovations, especially older houses built earlier than 1970 when the paint that was used contained high quantities of lead.

If you are renovating a house that is quite old, you can use a test kit to determine whether the flaking or peeling paint contains lead. If it does, you should take precautionary steps to minimize your pet’s exposure to the toxic substance.

Fine lead particles can be ingested or licked by pets. They can also be exposed to lead when coming into contact with dust or soil that is contaminated.

Important signs of lead poisoning are mainly gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting and loss of appetite, coupled with seizures and neurological signs. Temporary loss of vision may also be present.

Lead poisoning is a life-threatening problem and if you see your pet displaying any of the symptoms, make sure to contact your vet immediately.

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here