followers view all
following view all
|slovatt is not in any groups|
Potty Training Your Puppy
Dog training mistakes can and will have a negative impact on the personality of your dog permanently. The irony is that most errors are actually more difficult to follow through than to follow the correct principles and they add more problems instead of helping. Thus, not only errors make you work harder and get unpleasant results, but your puppy is suffering for it in the end and because of the cooperative relationship that you want to build.
Some errors of dog training that cause or contribute to canine behavior problems:
* Accidentally teaching your dog to ignore you
* Hitting, swatting or spanking to "correct"
* Rubbing your puppy's nose in his mess (not only is this gross and cruel, but makes the behavior worse and guaranteed to add more behavior problems that can not seem to be connected, but are caused by this error)
* Using the wrong cleaner to wipe up messes (There is a special ingredient that actually accentuates the smell of urine and this ingredient is not only contained in many household products, but is also present in some product cleaners that are marketed only for pet messes.)
* The use of the word "no" with the name of your puppy after
* Give your puppy or dog the run of the house too soon
* No proper socialization, (especially during the stages of imprinting)
* Reinforcing and/or causing jumping when trying to correct it
* Accidentally encouraging or causing whining and barking
* Inconsistency-intermittent reinforcement of an undesirable behavior actually makes it harder.
* Use of force to try to teach a command
* Use of corrections to try to teach. (There is an easier way for more peaceful "teach" appropriate behavior.)
Leaving your puppy in the cage too long for his age and size
* Consoling, trying to calm or smooth the hackles down, and the comfort of your puppy or dog in a tense situation. (This has the opposite effect on a dog and the promotion of fear and/or aggression).
* Using the wrong equipment for the job (for example, using a choke collar on the spindle or a puppy)
* Free food, and do not have a proper feeding schedule.
* Without the knowledge let the dog be your leader, and most people whose dogs are the leaders do not even realize what is happening. (This is one of the most common causes of stress behavior problems in dogs.)
* Without knowing it, teach your dog pull you on the leash.
Dogs and puppies have a very "specific way of learning" and given the keys, things can run smoothly along.
Of course genetics plays a role in the personality of a dog, but 98% of kind of adult companion for your dog proves to be is a direct consequence of the early environment of your dog is submissive and how he experiences its first year.
These are some of the many dog training mistakes that interfere with the peaceful lifestyle you want to create for you and your dog. If you have been told by someone to do all these things, either they did not have adequate training or are using outdated methods and inaccurate or both. They have all been behind many behavioral problems in dogs and should be avoided at all costs!
To find out more information on the proper way to train your puppy check go to
|share||like 81||report||1161 views|