Dealing With Pets That Are Fussy Eaters
When you have a pet cat or dog that is a fussy eater, you tend to worry that your pet may go hungry or sick. Sometimes, pet owners think they have tried all of the tricks in the book, but still their pets just take a few nibbles and turn their back. This can certainly be a cause of concern especially if the animal’s fussiness has been going on for a considerable period of time.
Before trying out tips to improve your pet’s appetite, you should first rule out if the change is not brought about by an underlying illness. Bringing your pet to the vet will help establish the cause. However, if your pet is given a clean bill of health and is simply a choosy eater, the tricks below may be helpful:
- Keep your pet company while he eats.
- Speaking and touching a fussy eater while he eats has been shown to encourage some dogs or cats to finish their food.
- Offer different types of food and note which one appeals to your pet.
- Offer warm food, as temperature enhances the flavor and aroma.
- Find alternative foods. Some dogs are drawn to eating quality cat food for a short time.
Know more information about pet’s care by click on given link.
|share||like 2||report||99 views|