Allergies Need Not Deprive You Of The Joys Of Owning A Dog
Owning a pet dog is not necessarily out of the question if you or someone in the family is prone to allergies. There are the so-called ‘hypoallergenic’ dog breeds which are less known to trigger allergies in hypersensitive individuals.
Some people tend to be hypersensitive to the dander or saliva that dogs have on their haircoat. Theoretically, dogs that shed less are assumed to have a low-allergen potential because they have lesser hairs that carry and distribute dander all over the house.
Here are some ways to reduce the level of allergens around the house and minimizing exposure:
· Bathe your pet weekly using a gentle pet shampoo formula
· Have a non-allergic family member brush your dog’s hair every day
· Vacuum frequently using HEPA filters which are effective in trapping allergens
· Wash your pet’s bedding weekly on hot cycle setting
· Ensure good ventilation inside the house
· Keep your pet off the bed and couch
Keep your pet dog in the peak of health by bringing him on regular pet wellness checks to your veterinary clinic.
|share||like 6||report||93 views|