Groups
· The Coffee Shop
· Law of Attraction Marketing and Resources
· Free Traffic
· Just for Laughs
· Share a video

Interests

I love my home with my husband Jim and our kids... Maja, Badger and Chet. Our dogs, but yes, our kids. I love to play golf, fish, watch a good movie and read a good book every once-in-awhile.

I truly enjoy working my business... Text Ad Exchange Owner, I own 5... which keeps me busy. It`s also helped me to grow, make new friends and relationships.

Brenda Crofoot | bjfoot
May YOUR Christmas have Peace, Joy, Love and Laughter... Brenda
unknown

What's With The Offers And Links in My Private Messages... And My Faceplate?

Nov 21st 2010 at 6:55 PM

O.K. I think there's a bit of forum etiquette that needs to be discussed.  I am
receiving offers with not one, but several links in my Private Messages. For
those that don't know... Until we have a relationship... This is SPAM and unwanted.
I believe that buildng relationships will serve you better in the end. And, you
will never get a sale out of me when you do this.  It's extremely rude!

The other thing that keeps happening, someone will write on my Face and it's
nothing but a load of advertising... Not so much as Hi...blah, blah, blah.  Just
a few words and multiple links.  These have been deleted from my Faceplate.  I
don't mind one link under a signature. I don't do this myself, as I feel that it
is an intrusion of space without permission, but lots of folks do this, so I don't
get all up about it.  But, my point...  You have a Faceplate with Articles and A
Spotlight... That's where your offers belong with links. Not on mine! People might
be more receptive to your offers if you allow them to check your Face out.

Sorry if I sound agitated, but I am.  Now that I've vented... I hope those of you
who have never done this are not offended by my outburst, but I just had to get
this off my chest.

Wishing Everyone A Prosperous Week!

Brenda

Apr 3rd 2011 at 3:59 AM by GraemeDSmith
This is a problem that exists in all social media forums. Rude, untrained marketers posting their links any where they can find a space. Just like your facebook wall, your faceplate is "your space" not a billboard. if you went to a strangers home that you had never met before, would you put advertising posters on their wall? Go think about it....

Dec 6th 2010 at 4:29 PM by freesia60
Good on you for saying it!!!!!

Dec 6th 2010 at 10:54 AM by Nutrition4All
Let's hope those who ARE doing this get the message. I believe there is a Block function! Would that do the trick?

Nov 28th 2010 at 10:43 PM by minx267
I agree. I have seen this. luckily, "Knock on wood" I have not experienced this myself.. But I feel the same.. one in a "signature" is fine but excessive links is spamming.

Nov 23rd 2010 at 5:21 AM by rhondamorton
I agree Brenda!! I also have received many links without so much as a "HELLO" or "follow" from some people... It's an inappropriate manner to conduct business when person spams another in a social environment (posting links without consent that is, I think it's ok AFTER person invites person to post A link, but repeated link posting is not professional or appreciated by many) Have an awesome day everyone! ;)

Nov 22nd 2010 at 12:03 AM by FDKINT
Well said.You go girl!!

Nov 21st 2010 at 8:32 PM by bjfoot
Thank You! GT and Dee... I feel much better having said something and I think a "Report" button is in order. It would probably be just enough to discourage the action in most cases.

Nov 21st 2010 at 7:51 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Brenda: Thanks for highlighting this issue. I agree that the offending members need to somehow be tuned in to social etiquette. What I would like to see is a "Report" button in our Private Messages and on our Face. GT :-)

Nov 21st 2010 at 7:46 PM by deewest
Hello Brenda, I completely understand and I also remove the comments that are full of links. One is fine but not a whole bunch of them. I do not add links in my posts on members face plate, out of respect. and only in private message if I am asked to send it... I agree this is a social network to get to know each other, build a friendship and trust. The one thing that gets me is when someone is NOT following me and sends me a private message full of links in the private message area LOL... Notice the key word above "NOT" .. ....They choose NOT to follow but turn around and private message with a mess of links.... that one gets me every time LOL... I guess that is why IM Face Plate was Kind enough to Add that wonderful Delete function. I love IM Faceplate and the people here are great..(with only a Very few that need better manners.) which I am sure glad of.. and proud to be part of such a wonderful group of people. Which YOU are one of those I am proud to know and associate with. All is good on this end with your Article. Hope you have an awesome Week. Dee Westcott