Virga | 1979virga

What I really believe

Oct 8th 2010 at 5:29 AM

That's a very interesting fact about  the October of 2010. This month is very special for all of us. It has 5 days of Friday, 5 days of Saturday and 5 days of Sunday. this happens only once  823 years.

Some people say that is magical month and everybody may succeed in business, love, or anywhere they want.

I would like to ask  how many times have you seen someone offer you a free trial of something or other, but to get started  you need to provide a credit card number, or use your Paypal account to sign up. A lot of services or products even ask that you pay ONLY $1 to start any sort of trial and act as if you  are getting an incredible value.

But what they are really doing is getting your credit card number or PayPal account locked into their auto re-billing feature and hiding behind their real motive simply by telling you that it is for your convenience.  It is a well known fact that many people who offer products or services are making more money due simply  to people forgetting to cancel these auto re-bills.

Now I'm not in any way speaking for all marketers. Many do in fact provide great value and are trying to make things easier, but it is also an overly abused  marketing tactic to make the product or service owner a lot of extra recurring income.

You see a lot of unethical marketers know that most of the time you will forget about the trial and a few months later you will finally notice that you have been charged XX dollars every month.  Guess who makes a pile of money that way.  That's not cool man.

So it is something to watch out for when signing up to any fr.ee trials of anything.

On a total flip side, here's an example of a guy who has an insanely good fr.ee trial offer, but you don't  have to give your credit card or Paypal account up front.  It's just a free trial, because he believe it works and is not hiding behind anything!

I heard about this guy here at faceplate, I registred and yes, I do not pay him and he don't know my accounts.

Wow my first commissions today on 14 of October. I didn't spend a dime yet.

I would like to wish a lot of success to all of you.

Let this month make you happier...

90 Day Free Trial of Smart Subscriber

Aug 15th 2011 at 2:17 PM by LonnieG
I have made money with the Gurumarketer newsletter too. It is great to see it is still being maintained over an extended time frame ... something not too many online programs have done! The program that reminds me of this format, yet with all of the updated resources of videos and more direct controls for the affiliates is the new STAGED program. ~LonnieG http://www.ibourl.com/by6

Nov 13th 2010 at 8:38 PM by Davrin
Hi Virga, enjoyed your informative article. I usually setup my PDA or an alarm to indicate the trial is about to end. Yet, things can sometimes go wrong. Thanks for writing about this info. ~ David, California

Nov 8th 2010 at 2:37 PM by KONX
Hi Virga, I believe this also. My alarm bell rings when I see FREE. No one gives Anything away for nothing, except maybe those religious callers with their magazines. It's wise to be suspicious of EVERYTHING online unless proved otherwise. I want to change that ! You have set the mark. Lets use faceplate to give FREE advice about genuine offers we have tested & proved for ourselves. This is what I am doing on faceplate with the guitar tuition sites I have listed. Regards, Rick.

Oct 28th 2010 at 10:11 AM by jjbreunig3
When I get (unwanted) phonecalls from marketers, I ask them one simple question. Can you mail the information to me, so that I can make an informed decision? If they can't be bothered to meet my request, then I can't be bothered to sign-up for their service(s).

--Joe Breunig
Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory

Oct 14th 2010 at 11:22 PM by cashstack
Yes, Virga I completely agree with you. Most of the time signing up for a Free 7 day or 14 day trial ends up to be nightmare if you try to cancel out before the first month rebilling. Tony Shepherd is the exception because he has a great customer service Gal working for him and she is really on top of things. To protect yourself you might want to stick with ClickBank products whenever you can because they have an effective system for getting refunds. Having said that I am looking closely at RAP Bank because they pay to PayPal immediately. ClickBank holds you up until you have banked 5 sales, as you know. I am not sure that I always will have the will power to follow my own advise though....haha. Kevin Potts has a 1 month free trial product that I am considering. Its USD 49 a month after that. Kevin used to be a Minister so I am hoping he would honor my cancellation and not charge me for the 1st month if I joined for say the first 2 weeks of the "free" month. Its a gamble. Finally, I try to be ultra careful when joining monthly membership sites because they obviously just drain cash. Of course we do need AWeber or Get Response if you are building a list...I bought GWA for WordPress at a one time fee of USD 27 for life so I am hoping to use it when my new namecheap domain name points correctly LOL. And of course we have to pay the monthly hosting fee which works out to about USD 10 per month for anything decent plus Amazon fees for video. This starts to add up if you layer a couple of monthly memberships on top of it. Come to think of it I might put up a site strictly devoted to membership reviews. Are they really worth it? Which ones are and which ones not? Overall I like Jimmy D. Brown's idea of time limited memberships. I think that's fair because the member knows the total outlay expense from the start. I can tell you more about which membership programs I like that I am paying for if you like. Anyway, bon chance and Best wishes for Your Success Online! from Yokohama, Japan HAL/cashstack

Oct 10th 2010 at 1:40 PM by onqglobal
Your article Rings True! Even with the mechanism in place for legitimate, though not underhanded at times can come with a glitch or two... for those who may have experienced some of what I've been thru or similar. [You're a witness!] As for the Offer that you've brought to my attention of someone [according to your Word] that's attempting to Operate Aboveboard; it'll, Lord Willing be on my priority list of offers to Peruse...

Oct 10th 2010 at 11:29 AM by catherinedwhite
I agree whole-heartedly. I am reluctant to sign up for any free trials for that very fact. I am sure I might forget to cancel.....I know myself too well. If it is truly free, then there should be no credit card information involved. They should contact you and ask if you want to continue then you can provide your payment information.