MikePaetzold
Sunday Goodies up at http://wptutorial.com/blog
unknown

Want more IM Faceplate Followers?

Aug 26th 2010 at 8:21 AM

I see people struggling to get followers and quite truthfully it is not a big surprise to me. Here is why.

Now I do go visit new followers IM Faceplate page when I see they have followed me. I would like to find people that I want to interact.

Now a quick aside. This is providing they have not written on my face telling me I should follow them because they followed me. Do that and I guarantee I will NEVER follow you.

When I go visit a new followers faceplate I first look to see if they are actually using it. 90% of the time it is blank or only has a Twitter feed. Then when I look at the Twitter feed even that is not current or just be used to say when they are surfing at various sites.

Sorry you lose right there. You have not provided me with any reason to follow you.

So first thing is to actually have some useful content on your faceplate.

Do that and the odds of me following you have increased significantly.

Now that will not be a guarantee because the type of content and whether it will interest me will make the decision.

That actually is a good thing because I follow those who are likely to be discussing things that I am interested in and that is powerful when you attract followers like that. After all that makes me your perfect target audience.

So if you are serious about getting more followers and attracting the right tribe for you then build your faceplate and add content so people will know whether or not you are someone that they will want to follow.

And you will start attracting the followers for your tribe.

Mike Paetzold is a blogger and long time affiliate marketer and you can keep current with what he is doing at http://mikepaetzold.com

Sep 29th 2013 at 5:26 AM by marty
Thanks very much for the information.

Jun 7th 2011 at 1:48 PM by marketing5
This post/comment has been removed due to violations of our terms of use.

May 12th 2011 at 7:14 AM by BruceBates
Unfortunately I have fallen guilty of this myself after warning everyone not to. I am hoping to change that, and your tips are spot on, only I am a lot more strict about whom I follow then you are :)

Jan 30th 2011 at 6:15 PM by caroljbs
Based on you followship:) It's working.

Jan 21st 2011 at 12:43 PM by togrul
Great points, that's definitely true. People attract like-minded people. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Togrul

Jan 17th 2011 at 4:03 AM by lethos
You make some valid points. I agree with most of it. I don't like people who I know will just end up bugging me to follow back. Who just be promoting stuff I have no interest in.

Dec 31st 2010 at 9:26 AM by learntoprofitonline
Thanks for the tip Mike. I agree that useful content on your faceplate should help you get more followers.

Dec 15th 2010 at 11:34 PM by Myvarolovillage
Thank you mike i am new to faceplate and social marketing in general so it it nice to see people helping the community. Thank you Chris S

Dec 12th 2010 at 12:58 PM by myprofitrocket
I am pretty new to IM faceplate, and this information was very valuable to me! I will implement your tips! Thanks so much!

Oct 17th 2010 at 9:17 AM by Fision
Mike your one of those people that spark "something inside my head". -THOUGHT'S- That is why I follow you. You tell it how it is, not just what everyone want's to hear. Always encouraging. John *Fision*

Sep 10th 2010 at 9:29 AM by judyhwright
Hello from Montana. Thanks for your posts and comments. You are the kind of person who helps others to understand what to do without making them feel foolish or dumb. There is so much success out there. Plenty to go around, so it is good to share ideas. good to connect. Judyhwright

Aug 31st 2010 at 7:24 PM by m8t43
Hi Mike. Well said. I agree with you 100%. This is such a great place to learn, make new friends and business associates. I have and continue to follow your advise and it has worked wonders for me. As you say: my tribe is growing. I like all the good stuff you write about blogging. You are a wonderful teacher. Keep it coming. Monika

Aug 27th 2010 at 11:09 AM by homac
Hello Paetzold, I liked the article on getting more followers. I have learned from you the importance of having useful content on your Faceplate to gain more followers,I will do just that. Thank you Mr.Paetzold.

Aug 26th 2010 at 11:15 PM by staylor29a11

Aug 26th 2010 at 6:26 PM by marvin62
Mike,thanks very much for the information:))))

Aug 26th 2010 at 4:39 PM by Fision
Straight to the point.. That's what I like about Mike ( He always nails the topic)I first met Mike -as we say on the *net- not to long ago. I messaged him and asked him how to do "something" and since I was following him I saw my answer in 1 of his next post's.. Everyone should take note of this article, it would improve the value of the content and sociability of Imfaceplate. Thanks again Mike John P

Aug 26th 2010 at 1:04 PM by lulubel
Absolutely. It works for me! And I follow Mike because he writes amazing stuff about blogging, and that's something I really need to learn about right now.

Aug 26th 2010 at 9:15 AM by yhbecpublisher
I have been doing exactly that Mike and my tribe has exploded. Same goes for me, if I'm following you its because you have something I want to learn about. Sometimes its about the country you live in or a common interest and not marketing. 8-D Soroya