followers view all
following view all
|hitsurfer is not in any groups|
|An ordinary guy who spends his time collecting up free Internet money. And when you know where to look for it, there`s plenty to go around.
Some referral marketing, recommending genuine products and services.
I`m also the owner/manager of a small independent traffic exchange service.
My approach to my online activities is: Integrity Before Profit.
Valuable Advertising Marketing Lesson Learned
Today I learned a valuable lesson.
I had bought a pretty cool set of graphics that I could use for my websites. It was low-cost, and it comes with resell rights.
While I was sending out a mailing to my mailing list, I added the link in my email. I rarely use links to other people's websites in my emails.
But the graphics package is a useful resource for website owners, and hoping to earn back some online income from their reseller program, I added it in my email.
But I found that a LOT of my emails were blocked because there was a blacklisted link in my email. I used this online tool to check what happened: I checked all 3 links that I used in my email.
* My own 2 sites: ... clean as a whistle.
* And: The Graphics Package ... yes, you guessed it right: blacklisted !
* A lot of my emails were blocked just because it had this link in them
* When a mailserver sends out a lot of emails that have a blocked link in them, it also affects the email delivery of the server. It's not a disaster if it happens occasionally, but it definitely shouldn't happen too often. Or my own mailserver might get blacklisted too !
* Dont just use any link in your emails, without checking if they are blacklisted.
* I could have avoided this problem if I had done what I usually do, used my TrackerBoard link tracker.
The link would have been a TrackerBoard link, and all those blocked emails would have reached their destination instead of messing up my email delivery and reducing sales.
* If you currently use a link tracker, it is wise to check if the domain name for the service isnt blacklisted. If it is, then youll know why you make so little sales.
For example, linkpresent.com is blacklisted, and all their members that use their trackers, are damaging their advertising results.
* If you are a member in sites like safelists, autoresponder services, ...it is good to check if they are blacklisted. If they are, your email ads won't be very effective.
* If you have a website of your own, where members can send out emails, then you dont know if they will add blacklisted links in their emails. If they do, they will eventually get your site blacklisted too !
Many marketers wouldnt even notice this problem. They dont check their bounce emails. Often dont even know what bounce emails are, or where to look for them,
let alone how to fix the problems.
Then wonder why they get so little results from their advertising. Every online marketer should know about Email Delivery. It makes all the difference in your online marketing.
And how do you get started with learning about email delivery ?
So you see, a little, stupid mistake had big consequences. I learned my lesson today.
Thought Id share it here so that you can avoid making the same mistake.
|share||like 34||report||488 views|