Using Proximity Marketing As a Medium to Attract Customers
Due to the tremendous advancements that have taken place in the field of mobile devices and digital signage and also for the growing acceptance of mobile app marketing among the consumers a number of new marketing opportunities have opened up for the retailers and they are certainly making good use of those opportunities. According to some recent surveys more than 50% of total digital content online is accessed on mobile devices and they are surely going to replace computers as preferred platforms for retail marketing. More than three billion people worldwide already have subscription to mobile-cellular telecommunication services and for modern day marketing professionals it has become really important to understand the need of successfully and effectively communicating with mobile consumers and proximity marketing probably gives them the best chance of doing so.
Proximity marketing which is also sometimes referred to as hyperlocal marketing makes use of advanced cellular technology for sending marketing messages to mobile device users who are within a certain range of a business establishment. This mobile marketing platform is defined by Bluetooth or Wi-Fi technology that is used by the proximity marketers for sending content to a mobile application program and the content automatically appears on the screen of the consumer’s mobile device. It is true that the audience for this type of marketing is often limited as prospective customers who are within a certain proximity range can only receive the messages but if expertly formatted and user friendly messages can be delivered, there is a higher chance of a customer visiting the store.
This is one of the most rapidly growing mobile marketing trends now and can be used effectively by any business or service provider who operates from a fixed location. Here are a few examples of businesses those have successfully implemented proximity mobile app marketing strategies and leveraged the advantages for gaining an edge over their competitors:
- Large retail outlets sending store maps or promotional discount coupons or inviting their customers for enrolling and participating in loyalty and reward programs.
- A number of hotels are also using this marketing platform for informing their guests about various on-site events and also to invite them for participating in loyalty and reward programs.
- The restaurants can use this for informing their customers about daily specials or special deals and offering them special discounts if they book their tables in advance using mobile applications.
- This particular mobile marketing platform has also proven to be an effective advertising technique for shopping malls in helping visitors finding the stores they are looking for and also to inform them about the special deals or discounts available at that time from any of the shops.
- This is also being widely used by travel hubs like airports, railway stations or public transportation centers for timely delivering useful messages for better convenience of the commuters.
The primary purpose that proximity marketing strategies are designed to serve is to connect with consumers who are close to a business and spurring them to action with attractive messages for increasing the chances of converting prospective customers. For more information on how you can have a useful mobile marketing strategy to reach more clients, visit Mobiquitynetworks.com.
About The Author
D.Savery is well known for his article on the technologies. Through his article, he gives information about the latest technologies in the field of Mobile marketing. He always refers Mobiquitynetworks.com for the latest mobile advertising technology in America.
|share||like 1||report||26 views|