followers view all
following view all
|TopStarLeads is not in any groups|
1 month ago
Top 5 Reasons Why People May Not Follow You Back, On Twitter!
With 200 million accounts on Twitter generating over 110 million Tweets per day, you would think you could build a substantial Twitter following of at least 10,000 followers. I had 10,000 followers last year and lost them (don't ask why) and now I'm trying to get my numbers back up again, so I've been feverishly working hard to rebuild my Twitter account. However, in the process of doing this, I realized how hard it is to build it from the bottom up again and wondered why it is taking me so long to get the higher numbers.
I decided to do some investigating of other Tweeters activity and performances and found some astonishing statistics. here's what I found:
24% of Twitter users have 0 Followers
19% of Twitter users have at least 10 Followers
97% of Twitter users have less than 100 Followers
81% of Twitter Followers are following less than 100 people
Even more astonishing are the Tweeting statistics:
20% of Twitter users have tweeted 10 times or more
41% of Twitter users have not tweeted since they created the account.
The top 20 Twitter users have on the average of 3 million followers and follow on the average of 170 Twitter users. The highest spikes not included in these numbers (in order to keep numbers in prespective) are:
Kim Kardasian has 6,769,513 followers and follows 122 Twitter users
Ashton Kutcher: has 6,451,463 followers and follows 620 Twitter users
Oprah Winfrey has 5, 355,512 followrs and follows 22 Twitter users
Britney Spears has 7,144,125 followers and follows 416,720
Ellen DeGeneres has 6,179,028 followers and follows 48,841
President Barack Obama has 7,007,590 followers and follows 701,515
Lady Gaga has 8,829,649 followers and follows 144,291 Twitter users
Looking at these numbers, one can see that the Golden Rule about "Follow those who follow you" does not apply. It also appears that the celebrities experience the greatest followers numbers, and thus have more vested in Twitter's marketing options.
What about the average Twitter users who are not celebrities? The ones who make up 95% of the large database but are receiving :
Low numbers of followers > high number of tweets > limited advertising results
Okay, it appears that a special marketing strategy for Twitter business people is required here, so let’s take a look at the top reasons why Twitter users don't follow people. They are as follows:
1) Information does not apply to them: If you like to cook and have come across a good recipe, don't just talk about how delicious it tasted, post a link to where they can find the recipe so they can experience the delight as well. Otherwise, who cares how good it tasted to you! Connect with your followers. Don't waste their time with comments that have no value at all.
2) Presentation is too personal and not business: Pump up your profile to be professional rather than just personal. Include in your profile, a link to your business page. Dress up your profile page with business appeal.
3) Don't just follow people to get followers: Talk to people, get to know them: Don't just follow people to get followers, talk to them and share information. Use your direct message option, as it is there for a good reason.
4) Don't Be Negative all the time: People generally get tired of negative comments and will turn you off. Uplifting comments make for happy people and more friends.
5) Too much of a Limited Niche chokes new possibilities: If you want to generate business affiliations on Twitter than you should Tweet valuable business information related to your specialty about 70% of the time. 30% of the time Tweet inspirational comments, create a laugh or give an incentive.
I think if you apply these thoughts to your Twitter account, you will begin to gain a lot more Twitter Followers at a faster rate. However, remember the statistics I posted above and don't beat yourself up if your Twitter account is slow growing. Keep at it but don't spend all your time there!
There are other more powerful ways to building a list much faster and will give you better results. Divide your time wisely. I'll talk about other options in the next article.
|share||like 82||report||1675 views|